Nugget Shooter Forums

How much is the Pro-Swing 45 harness?

Bill,

In the last year I have used 3 Minelab detectors. I have the harness for the 5000 and try to use it but like they say on the video, it is uncomfortable and for me it 'shifts' around. I still wear it but I use it with a Swingy Thing or a Hip Stick.

When I am on the beach with the 3030 I don't need or really want any support for it. It is so well balanced that I can go for many hours. My SE Pro is different. The balance and weight requires the Swingy Thing or I get tennis elbow but every time I bend over to dig it pops off my shorts!

Now the 5000 with a large coil is too much for the Swingy Thing and I got a Hip Stick that I like but I'm wondering about this new J in the Minelab because it would spread the weight plus it has the other attachment points for a GPS, phone, speaker ...

I may have to try it.

Mitchel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, anyone have field time wth this yet.

Just to be DA here---the standard harness is not very beefy. Looks like the same weak points show up in this new rig. I do not care for the velcro back adjustment---when the velcro wears out your gong to have to get creative.

And of course there is the whole pattern thing---camo and all that.

If I had the means I would produce a :unversal: rig. Heavy canvas straps,beefy buckles, plenty of well positioned d-rings --- modular so you can set up your bags and such for your style.

I am using Chris' Hip Stick which Minelab chose to copy. Their rounded bottom is the biggest difference but I can adjust the stick to the side or put a bit of foam padding on it and it is everything that I need. I use the harness I got with the 5000 now but Chris has a different harness and he has no problems at all.

Mitchel

Harnesses need to be fitted to the individuals body and needs.

I spent several months looking for what works for me and ended up with a hunting version of a wild lands firefighters pack made by Nimrod.

For me its the most comfortable, and customizable with pouches and pack options.

Kudos to ML for recognizing the need ….. shame on them for claiming innovation.

I have tried several times to get used to using all the harness/support setups out there and just get in my way. If I have medical issues that forced use of extra support other than the standard bungee I may try again, but just a pain in the butt getting in my way when digging or going through brush and one more thing to buy and never use...

I have tried several times to get used to using all the harness/support setups out there and just get in my way. If I have medical issues that forced use of extra support other than the standard bungee I may try again, but just a pain in the butt getting in my way when digging or going through brush and one more thing to buy and never use...

Amen Bill... they work about as good as a 3 legged dog!

With you on that, Bill ... I do like Chris's Hipstick for hunting big flat areas, but that's about 0.001% of the kind of ground I beep ... My areas are all gullies and gulches, choked with Palo Verde, Catsclaw, and lots of rocky up and down ... The less equipment I try to carry, :hiker: the better things are ... :m2c: ... Cheers, Unc

• 3 months later...

Guys i tried the 45 at Q last fri& sat 10th,11th I found it not to bad with mi broke right wrist i couldn't swing long .seen you could switch it to left side so swang for two days.It has ajustment out and in and up are down.Really helped because im out of shape and hadn't detected for 5 weeks.Thursday i got a new cast and they pulled the pin that was left sticking out took the tape off my incision Have to wear cast for 3 more weeks,then they will look at it again.Oh back to 45 it has adjustment for torso leanth also.It puts wieght on back of hip on the lower waist belt seemed to work well for me and the ease of bungy adjustment was smooth and quick and the velco hook anchor for detector was easy to move to another detector.I got it with a 5000 i got for back up for OZ 6week trip in july.I need to use it more but i really like it so far>>>SWING ON >>Kelly PS just bullets and junk for me at Q ALL LEFT HANDED>post-26859-0-46334200-1389672652_thumb.j