Nugget Shooter Forums

2 of my favorite 22 shooters

The front one is a Ruger reciever and a Kidd bolt buffer, with a 18" Lilja stainless bull bbl, a 2 stage Kidd trigger set to a 8oz pull (3 oz first stage and 5 oz second stage), set in a Ruger stock that I cut down sand refinished. It is topped with a 4-16 Nikon scope

The back one is also a Ruger reciever with a Kidd bolt buffer. It has a hard to find 22" bbl in a refinished sporter stock and a single stage Kidd trigger system set to 1 1/2 lbs pull. It is topped with a 4-16 Bushnell scope.

The standard ruger trigger systems had about a 9 pound pull and very course. both of these are supported by a Harris bi-pod.

post-227-0-20415800-1375223307_thumb.jpg

Edited by Allen in MT

Those are a couple of really nice rifles Allen. Too bad ammo is so freakin expensive right now. River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has 22 rounds for $9.99 plus tax for a 50 round box!

Those are a couple of really nice rifles Allen. Too bad ammo is so freakin expensive right now. River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has 22 rounds for $9.99 plus tax for a 50 round box!

$9.00 is what we pay on average for a 100 rnd box of CCI, I don't patronize the one that are charging 2 to 3 times at the gun shows, Setting on about 8,000 rounds right now so I'm set for awhile but will still buy when I can at regular price's.

They had .22 on the shelf in Albuquerque this morning. Things are getting better.

Nice rifles Allen. I have a couple of old Remington bolt actions that will hit under 1/2" at 100 Yards. More fun than a barrel of monkeys. I have hunted almost everything you can imagine with them.

I see that you liike variable scopes at rather high power on all the rifles you have posted. I like low mag fixed power for most shooting inside 200 yds. Both 22. Have the old Weaver steel scopes with the post reticle in 4X.

Leupold. has some sweet 1-4X scopes. I use one on the 50 as well as the carbine AR.. I bet iy would make an ideal rimfire sight too.

Edited by Bedrock Bob