Nugget Shooter Forums

The wrong girl

Things You Probably Won't Read In Your Local Press

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen.aspx

Don your darn right that you don't hear about these reports on the mainstream news!

Here's a perfect example from that link why everyone should be required at the very least to have a firearm in their home or place of business, and this was in a major city not way out in the country where it normally would take a long time for law enforcement to arrive at the scene..

"May 9, 2013

Grocery manager defends employees from armed robbers, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas 05/06/13

Manager Joe Cho was working in the office of Pepe’s Grocery and Deli in Dallas, Texas when two armed men wearing bandannas entered the store and demanded money from a cashier. Cho responded by retrieving a .38-caliber revolver and firing at the criminals, who returned fire and fled. None of Cho’s employees were hurt during the incident.Cho’s decision to provide for his and his employee’s defense proved to be a wise one. Following the attempted robbery, Cho notified the police, telling them, “Hey, we got robbed, I need police as soon as possible.” “As soon as possible” turned out to be about an hour and 20 minutes later."

We started out with a nice thread about fishing and somehow got sidetracked on the same old political rant.

It is tiresome to have thread after thread hijacked by the usual suspects dwelling on the same obsessive topics. It often degrades into open challenges and insults to anyone who may not agree.

Is there a place in this forum where we can talk about things like fishing and gold without having to sift through the constant drone of right wing drum beating?

It just gets tiresome. We should realize that not everyone wants to constantly hyper focus on far right issues. There should be respect for non political threads as these are the only places many Nuggetshooter members feel welcome.

Bob you're correct that the above replies were off topic of the subject line of the thread they were posted in, they were however in the correct forum for talking about guns, so I move them to their own topic, thanks for pointing this out, I didn't notice what topic they were posted in when I replied, I went to the newest reply during my rounds of the forum, which I try and read all that are posted, just missed the subject matter!

SAY WHAT THE :2mo5pow: FISHING- all I saw was a cool glock ad with 1 smart gal lockn',loadn' and growing a pair-what bloody fishn?? Move posts from gun ad on guns because it's about guns?? PUFF-PUFF-PASS- :th: John :idunno:

We started out with a nice thread about fishing and somehow got sidetracked on the same old political rant.

It is tiresome to have thread after thread hijacked by the usual suspects dwelling on the same obsessive topics. It often degrades into open challenges and insults to anyone who may not agree.

Is there a place in this forum where we can talk about things like fishing and gold without having to sift through the constant drone of right wing drum beating?

It just gets tiresome. We should realize that not everyone wants to constantly hyper focus on far right issues. There should be respect for non political threads as these are the only places many Nuggetshooter members feel welcome.

Indeed there is and it is the "OFF TOPIC" section and please to ALL member if you want to talk politics use that section and many here do not want to hear it and can simply not visit that section if they so desire. This is all inclusive, Left, Right, or otherwise and I do not care for it in other sections myself. I have a very strong opinion in these areas, but do not feel the need to force feed others with it.

This type material is welcome in "OFF TOPIC" and since the section is available please use it....

Thanks ALL.... Bill

Thanks Skip for taking care of this....

Great video and really makes a point, if she would have called the cops on the first knock what do you suppose would have happened? Better to call the cops after the issue is dealt with in this case I think, Yes?