Nugget Shooter Forums

Short hunt at LSD

Well went out to look at how much water moved out at LSD and as usual not much has changed despite the recent rain so I decided to stop and beep a bit near Unc's old wore out Joe no shoulders patch since a couple were found there at our last outing. Hunted about 15 minutes and my first target was this1.5 gram nugget.... Hunted another hour and was sweating bullets and being molested by gnats so went home. Think I'll go out again in the morning for a couple hours.

Found with GPX 5000 and Coiltek 14x9 Blitz Mono

A129D6D0-15C5-4EBC-ACCC-77E149C9B76A-440

Nice nugget Bill, I'm glad you could get out to find it!!! :yesss:

Do the gnats ya'll have out there bite, or just get in your nose.mouth, ears and anywhere else that can find to get into?

The ones we have here on the east coast are worst biters than mosquitoes and about the size of this ' , the common name/s for these are, "No-see-ums", "flying teeth", "sand gnats", but my favorite name for them is SOBs!!

We also have regular gnats that don't bite but they don't bother me at all compared to the No-see-ums.

We have both here Skip, but the ones today were not the biting type. The no-see-ums are a real bummer here and bite the crap out of any exposed skin, but not around long due to our dry climate and we only see them...or...I mean feel them during short periods after allot of rain.

That patch is amazing, huh Bill? ... Give'er a rest and she coughs up some more ... I beeped there about half an hour two months ago, no gold, tons of trash, but I did find a primo mano, right in plain sight ... I've found lots of indian goodies in that area and I think it was a village 6 or 8 thousand years ago ... One arrowhead from the general area was dated to 8 thousand years ago .... WTG, Cheers, Unc

Nice nug Bill ...Way to tough it out :head:

I've found lots of indian goodies in that area and I think it was a village 6 or 8 thousand years ago ... One arrowhead from the general area was dated to 8 thousand years ago ....

Amazing info Ron....Its a trip to know that people were there that long ago. They probably put nuggets in their slingshots :th:

Nice nug Bill ...Way to tough it out :head:

Amazing info Ron....Its a trip to know that people were there that long ago. They probably put nuggets in their slingshots :th:

Or used them for sinkers?....

Patrick .....

Sweet!!!
WTG Bill. Glad you were able to get out for a while and clear the ol head. :)
Keep at it.

Tom H.

Got a nice channel cat Shep, but no flatheads...

Hey Grubby, I just got an email from those clowns yesterday and yes indeed I funded my own trip to LSD.

I answered them and told them I do just fine here in AZ and that if I go to AK it will not be as a prop....

Good for you Bill! Those shows give prospectors and miners a bad name, It makes people think all mines are Dumb as a bag of Rocks. And we know that's not true! Grubstake