Nugget Shooter Forums

Not my best day, but still found some gold.

bsumbdy

Not as good as my last post, but still finding small nuggets and pickers. Been digging along the bedrock and ran into a silty spot. Any ideas what that means? If it means anything.

Chris

post-26180-0-18606900-1374602649_thumb.j

post-26180-0-46146500-1374602682_thumb.j

Silty on bedrock does mean it has been worked in the past. They did not have vaccums back then so there is a good chance many a piece was missed. The silt is caused from the first dirty flood waters filling in a open dig hole. Silt drops out then overburden covers. Nice amount of work you have done there.

Its strange, almost no small gold. I have vacuumed up bedrock, maybe 1 or 2 small specks per 5 gallon bucket. Most of the gold is detectable. 1.2 grams. Just hit the spot with silt most has been hard pack. Frank, its actually in the Johnnie district. Hopefully I can dig a little further and get back to virgin dirt. The guy upstream from me has been in all virgin dirt. So maybe its just a small area that's been dug.

Thanks guys

Nice gold! :yesss:

Man, you sure are moving some dirt there :worship:
You aught to enroll in the ADAMSKI & BOLDERDASH school of handstacking though.

You would have had a beauty of a wall with that amount of work :)
GL to you!
Tom H.

Edited by TomH

Chris,

Nice finds, congrats... Your moving a lot of dirt, and with these record Vegas temps, whew !!! you are a braver sole than me :desertsmile: working that dirt in the summer. You need to hit Gold Basin doing all that work, you will get double the output in gold, than the Johnnie District.

Dave

Dolan Dave, really double? Might be worth the drive. Not as familiar with the area, but am a member of GSSN and GPAA. I am assuming drywashing? Put over 20 hours in that hole last 2 weeks for around 5grams.

Also looks like I will have to learn about hand stacking!!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

Chris