Nugget Shooter Forums

UnderFlow Sluice Box

Does anybody own an UnderFlow Sluice Box from grumpyprospector.com? I purchased the highbanker model a while ago and have been using it both at home and in the field and can't say enough good things about it. Water pressure is the key and proper classification if you want to get all the super fine and micron gold from your material. I am getting a lot more fine gold from my diggings than I used to and am very happy to say the least. I can't believe how much fine gold I was missing with my old school sluice box. I don't even want to think about how much fine and micron gold I filled the holes in my driveway with. I'm getting rid of most of my other pieces of mining hardware as I just don't see the need to keep stuff I'm never going to use again. Looking forward to purchasing their new Ultimate River Sluice as I have new spots to go digging in a creek that has waterflow most of the year. Been lucky to get some good samples there and can't wait to get out and start shoveling with the new model once I get it. Hoping to hear from someone who owns the new Ultimate River Sluice so I can decide on which size to get. Thanks.

UnderFlow Guy

Make your own o/u and save the cash as nuttn' to it. Just like a dredge o/u exactly same principal and NO preclassification needed. 100s of kinds utilizing punch plate,bars or certain kinds of expanded metals.This is just 1 of a dozen styles I've made for folks throughout the years. John

post-23710-0-26640500-1374326644_thumb.j

John, the underflow sluice is not an "over and under" sluice, it only has one level with 2, 3 or more U shaped channels traversing the sluice with an adjustable wall that hangs down into the center of each channel forcing all the material to go under the walls and through the U shaped channels, the gold being heavier stays in the bottom of the U and the lighter materials washes up and out the other side (downstream side) of the channels, from what I heard even the blacksands get washed out.

Yes, the UnderFlow is nothing like the O/U type of sluices. When I do my clean up, there is little to no black sand in the traps. Just clean gold. The more you classify your material and regulate the waterflow, the finer the gold you can catch. Truly an amazing design. Their Ultimate River Sluice does have a little of the O/U in the beginning in that the gold washes through the punch plate and goes into an underflow trap design. The "V" shaped shovel after the punch plate washes the unwanted overburden off to the sides. No need for classification for this design. There is also a set of holes before the "U" shaped UnderFlow traps that lets unwanted water pressure out of the sluice to keep the fines in the traps. Pretty cool design. Hoping someone on this forum owns and uses one. I will be posting my review of the sluice once I purchase it from grumpyprospector.

The pic also only has a small o/u to the first riffle utilizing a special expanded instead of punchplate. No difference. Same same can be done with a Le Sluice and go carpetless and same family. No big difference as same science of hydrology just a miniscule twist on a old idea. John

yup. Good idea but a bad plan. If everything is regulated and consistent they work ok. but like so many good ideas the minute something changes you start having problems.

I have yet to find anything more reliable and versatile than a well built sluice box but I'm still looking.

Does anybody own an UnderFlow Sluice Box from grumpyprospector.com? I purchased the highbanker model a while ago and have been using it both at home and in the field and can't say enough good things about it. Water pressure is the key and proper classification if you want to get all the super fine and micron gold from your material. I am getting a lot more fine gold from my diggings than I used to and am very happy to say the least. I can't believe how much fine gold I was missing with my old school sluice box. I don't even want to think about how much fine and micron gold I filled the holes in my driveway with. I'm getting rid of most of my other pieces of mining hardware as I just don't see the need to keep stuff I'm never going to use again. Looking forward to purchasing their new Ultimate River Sluice as I have new spots to go digging in a creek that has waterflow most of the year. Been lucky to get some good samples there and can't wait to get out and start shoveling with the new model once I get it. Hoping to hear from someone who owns the new Ultimate River Sluice so I can decide on which size to get. Thanks.

UnderFlow Guy

Soooo....underflow guy, would you happen to be connected to the manufacturer in any way?

1st post to promote a product :idunno:

Soooo....underflow guy, would you happen to be connected to the manufacturer in any way?

1st post to promote a product :idunno:

What's up Bruce!! :4chsmu1:

Even if Underflow Guy was the manufacturer of the Underflow Sluice, he hasn't broken any rules of the forum, like posting links and trying to sell sluices without Bill's permission, etc., so he's more than welcome to post his experiences with his sluice and give us his opinions of how it work, how he sets it up, etc.

By the way Welcome to the forum Underflow Guy!

I will admit I have seen you posting on another forums about the Undeflow Sluice and thought much the same as Daubster, but in your followup posts on this and the other forums it seems you're just a user of the Underflow Sluice and your input on these sluices would be great, because there aren't many reviews from many users out there for the Underflow sluice that I have seen!!

Skip

I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how to do it on this forum. I have been on other forums as well with the intent of looking for someone using the larger sluice I want to buy from grumpyprospector. I like their different designs and feel the Ultimate River Sluice they have on their website is going to work well for my situation. Always looking for someone that already uses what I want to buy. Cars, motorcycles, sluice boxes and whatever else I see that I like. Got to dig to get the gold and you also have to dig for good information. I like my UnderFlow set up and how it works for my purposes. I have a lot of clay and black sands to contend with and my highbanker does great with all of it. Again, I will post some pics here soon. My old Kodak digital cheapo camera finally died and I just replaced it with a cheap Cannon. Got to learn how to use that thing, too. :4chsmu1: