Nugget Shooter Forums

My new Beeping rig!

Sonoran Dave

Well here she is.

1986 Yamaha TT350 picked it up cheap...just needs a little love.

838 miles on it!!! The fellow who owned her before me said he had to drive 3 hours to get to a place to ride, so he didn't go much. They bought a Rhino when they came to AZ 8 years ago and never used the bike. Been kept in his shop the entire time, so no dry rot in any of the rubber. Overall in pretty decent shape for her age! Can't wait to get it out and ride .Best of all, here in AZ, I can register it with a few simple mods...and ride it on the roads :yesss:

2013-07-17195136_zpsc0cdd9ec.jpg

Edited by ArcticDave

Very nice looking bike for a 86.

Is it running? If its been sitting for a while I would flush the tank and clean the carb, drain the crankcase oil (refill)

and then try to fire it up.

Dern one cylinders can be finiky if everything is not just right.

Looks really good and you got a good price on it.

I cant wait to get out on my Suzuki 250 I picked up about a month ago.

Oh one other thing.....just remember.....were not 20 yrs old anymore! Go slow!!
Tom H.

• Like 1

yep she runs Tom. Still gonna pull carbs, clean the tank...maybe some new tires when money is not as tight. A can of gas or a small cooler with refreshments will fit on the back and strapped to me a backpack with a beeper in it. Then it's time to hit the trails! I know of a few spots a singletrack trail is all there is.

Definitely not 20 anymore...low and slow for this cowboy :old:

Tom if you feel up to coming north with yours, look me up. Weathers been nice up here lately. Not too hot and a good thunderstorm almost every afternoon to cool things back off. Headed to Crown King Saturday with the boss from work. I think we are going to try and get all the way down to Horsethief Lake...not sure yet. Just kinda tagging along this time. Zoey and I will follow them in the Jeep.

Nice bike -betcha can't wear it out. Start it on the intake stroke. I rode big bore singles and loved em' (BSA, AJS) Back then suspension was a form of school discipline Really don't know how I survived my 20s.

That bike's like most of this forums posters---a oldie but a goodie. Miss my ol 81 440 Yamaha TT mono shock,the groundbreaker for real rideable machines. I was the only biker--at the time---to have the ability to best the hill at the end of pismo beach back in the day a few weeks after I bought that monster. Looks like much fun n' the sun to come to me-John

Nice bike -betcha can't wear it out. Start it on the intake stroke. I rode big bore singles and loved em' (BSA, AJS) Back then suspension was a form of school discipline Really don't know how I survived my 20s.

I'm not sure how I survived them either!

That bike's like most of this forums posters---a oldie but a goodie. Miss my ol 81 440 Yamaha TT mono shock,the groundbreaker for real rideable machines. I was the only biker--at the time---to have the ability to best the hill at the end of pismo beach back in the day a few weeks after I bought that monster. Looks like much fun n' the sun to come to me-John

I hope so. Lots of folks have a lot of good to say about this bike. :fl:

Gotta agree,haven't ridden on the street in almost 25 years. Took over 300 stitches to put my right leg back together and purt' near croaked. Beer swillin' ol' rummy in a 58 buick zipped right through a stop light,instant t-bone and 3 blocks later she realized there was somethin' stuck in the bumper/grill.....me. My ol' HD-SL-1000 was NOT so lucky RIP-John

Looks like all you need for the street is a set of mirrors and make sure you drive like nobody see's you cuz half the time they dont. Maybe we need James Bond style motion sensing rockets mounted on all four sides ?

Make sure to spin the wheels and "ping" the spokes with a small screwdriver. Tighten any spokes( in small increments) that sound dull or below the average ping pitch of the others.

NOte: do this after spraying the nipples w/ a good penetrant. Hopefully, the wheels will stay true.

Is the chain stretched?

Consider a "refresh" for the forks with some new Bel-RAy lube or suitable.

Edited by weaver hillbille

yep she runs Tom. Still gonna pull carbs, clean the tank...maybe some new tires when money is not as tight. A can of gas or a small cooler with refreshments will fit on the back and strapped to me a backpack with a beeper in it. Then it's time to hit the trails! I know of a few spots a singletrack trail is all there is.

Definitely not 20 anymore...low and slow for this cowboy :old:

Tom if you feel up to coming north with yours, look me up. Weathers been nice up here lately. Not too hot and a good thunderstorm almost every afternoon to cool things back off. Headed to Crown King Saturday with the boss from work. I think we are going to try and get all the way down to Horsethief Lake...not sure yet. Just kinda tagging along this time. Zoey and I will follow them in the Jeep.

Tks for the invite and I will take you up on that! :)

I still have to do a little more work to mine.

Its running pretty rich...have to rejet the carb and make some racks for it.

TKs

Tom H.

Tks for the invite and I will take you up on that! :)

I still have to do a little more work to mine.

Its running pretty rich...have to rejet the carb and make some racks for it.

TKs

Tom H.

cool beans...started pulling mine apart a few minutes ago. Probably gonna be a week or two before i'm up and running dependably.

Ride to Crown King today was awesome! Sure glad we were in the Jeep! Rains came in this afternoon hard enough the wipers couldn't keep up. Kinda felt sorry for the quad riders in our group.

She lives!!!

Carbs were completely gummed up. There was not an open orfice or jet to be found anywhere. Disassembled and cleaned. Adjusted an lubed chain. Tuned the spokes per Weaver Hillbilly. Installed new fuel line and filter and....she popped off on the first kick! Took a couple more kicks to keep it running. After roughly two miles of cruising the nieghborhood, it's purring like a kitten. I guess I just need to ride it and see what fails :-D

She lives!!!

Carbs were completely gummed up. There was not an open orfice or jet to be found anywhere. Disassembled and cleaned. Adjusted an lubed chain. Tuned the spokes per Weaver Hillbilly. Installed new fuel line and filter and....she popped off on the first kick! Took a couple more kicks to keep it running. After roughly two miles of cruising the nieghborhood, it's purring like a kitten. I guess I just need to ride it and see what fails :-D

Nothing will fail she's got nine lives, you just started the second one :yesss:

• Like 1

Took her out a day or two ago, after I got my tags. Put almost 30 miles on it with no issues. Forks were stiff as heck. Checked the air pressure, max is supposed to be 17psi...had 53!!! Surprised it didn't blow out the seals. Lowered it to 10 psi. Hopefully that will soften it up a bit. Otherwise pretty happy :4chsmu1:

Looks great Dave, betcha got it for a steal price too! I got an 86ish YZ-125 just rottin away in the garage in Bullhead. It starts and runs but the plastic gas tank has a crack and the clutch slips and I really don't feel like fixin it.

Looks great Dave, betcha got it for a steal price too! I got an 86ish YZ-125 just rottin away in the garage in Bullhead. It starts and runs but the plastic gas tank has a crack and the clutch slips and I really don't feel like fixin it.

Yep...gave $500 for it.

Thats a shame Bucket...don't sound like it needs that much work. A new tank and a set of new clutch disks would maybe run 2-300 bucks. NADA says $795 in fair condition.

Edited by ArcticDave

Hell get the parts and bring it to Congress and I will put it together for you' bring oil too cuz its part of the crankcase cover for clutch, Probably be able to sell it here for ya too if you wanta get rid of it.. Lotsa miners up at Stanton pretty soon.!!!