Nugget Shooter Forums
Nugget Shooter

Fall and Spring Nugget Shooter Outings

Hello All,

We will be doing 3 outings this year one at Gold Basin and 2 at LSD (San Domingo) Everyone brings own food etc.

The first will be a combined outing with the WSPA and will be held at Gold Basin the weekend of November 1st to 3rd, 2013.

The second will be at LSD the weekend of February 7th to 9th, 2014 Everyone brings own food etc, but I may smoke a turkey for this one

The third one will be a memorial outing I will be doing annually from now on in memory of my wife Barb and I will again as last March be cooking a brisket for this one. She made the last one just before we lost her and asked if we could do another next year. She planned to attend again, but she is gone....

This one will be the weekend of March 21st to 23rd, 2014

I am getting these announced early so folks can make plans and we do not bump heads with other outings...

These outing are free to anyone that wants to attend and a good way to meet new folks and put a face to the names you meet at the forum. These areas are good for nugget hunting as well as other methods with plenty of GPAA and other club claims available to work if you are a member of their club. Bring your own camping gear and food for the weekend though there will also be a main course cooked by me and ? for some evenings.... Directions etc. will be posted as time draws near.

See you there!

Looking forward to them Bill.

Will do my best to attend.

Mmmmmmm, brisket ~~

Patrick .....

As a newbie I can not wait, this will be great to meet everyone.......

Jim

Hello All,

We will be doing 3 outings this year one at Gold Basin and 2 at LSD (San Domingo) Everyone brings own food etc.

The first will be a combined outing with the WSPA and will be held at Gold Basin the weekend of November 1st to 3rd, 2013.

The second will be at LSD the weekend of February 7th to 9th, 2014 Everyone brings own food etc, but I may smoke a turkey for this one

The third one will be a memorial outing I will be doing annually from now on in memory of my wife Barb and I will again as last March be cooking a brisket for this one. She made the last one just before we lost her and asked if we could do another next year. She planned to attend again, but she is gone....

This one will be the weekend of March 21st to 23rd, 2014

I am getting these announced early so folks can make plans and we do not bump heads with other outings...

These outing are free to anyone that wants to attend and a good way to meet new folks and put a face to the names you meet at the forum. These areas are good for nugget hunting as well as other methods with plenty of GPAA and other club claims available to work if you are a member of their club. Bring your own camping gear and food for the weekend though there will also be a main course cooked by me and ? for some evenings.... Directions etc. will be posted as time draws near.

See you there!

Cool beans Bill!

Thanks for planning ahead like this.

Look foward to them.

Dont know about the GB one...have to refinance the house to get the RV up there! :)

Tom H.

Bill,

Good job on the dates.

Now Adam, you set one for the Q and maybe add Franconia too! It would not have to be a formal.

I liked the Q last year.

Mitchel

Nope no Q this year much better potential at Gold Basin so opting for there.... Put one together Adam and I'll likely try to make it, but I am not as flexable time wise these days with a daughter to raise alone....

Bill, now that Zoey and I are down here...gonna make all three!

Never been to GB . WSPA still have membership openings? Or do I need to ask NvChris?

The Feb. outing happens to be right around my birthday. If i'm not mistaken there is a few other forum members with birthdays around then...Bucket and Mike Furness come to mind, sure there are others too.

Bill says he may smoke a turkey for us. I'd be willing to bring the makings and fry another one, cajun style, if there is interest? Should be plenty to go around if other members chipped in with some side dishes.

Look forward to them!

WSPA will serve the main entree at the combine outing in Gold Basin on Saturday.

Menu and events be announced.

It will be great to see some old friends and meet new ones!

Chris Porter

President WSPA

Well how about that for hospitality! So looks like you will only need to bring food for the other days you will be attending and a big thanks to Chris and the WSPA...

This should be a good time and in the old NS Outing stomping grounds, good gold at Gold Basin as well!

WSPA will serve the main entree at the combine outing in Gold Basin on Saturday.

Menu and events be announced.

It will be great to see some old friends and meet new ones!

Chris Porter

President WSPA

Hello Chris.

It will be nice to see you again. It's been quite awhile.

I will be baking a cake as usual.

See ya there,

Patrick .....

I'm going to try and make it this year for sure.

Steve

That would be cool....

Does anyone know the names of those two motels on Wickenburg Way towards Safeway? They were across the street from each other.. Independently owned and not national chains. Maybe 20 rooms each. Have to be frugal so I'm looking for something a little cheaper then the others.

Does anyone know the names of those two motels on Wickenburg Way towards Safeway? They were across the street from each other.. Independently owned and not national chains. Maybe 20 rooms each. Have to be frugal so I'm looking for something a little cheaper then the others.

How frugal you want to be? I can loan you a tent :arrowheadsmiley:

I work at RV dealership that does rentals, with employee discount I think we can rent a small trailer and camp out for less than a hotel might be. Still checkin on that.

Not going to make it to the fall outing at Gold Basin. Will attend the one at LSD in Feb. Hope to meet a lot of you.

We probably won't be able to attend the GB outing either. Looks like we might have to join another club to hunt there, and quite frankly money is tight. We WILL be at the LSD outings.

Hello Dave.

If you are a member of GPAA, they have a lot of ground to hunt.

Patrick .....

Hello Dave.

If you are a member of GPAA, they have a lot of ground to hunt.

Patrick .....

Thanks for the info Patrick! Do have a GPAA membership...at least until January. Not to sure about renewing it....

Lots of good gold still on the GPAA claims at GB....

Joined the WSPA. So between the property they have access to and the GPAA claims we should have a place to hunt. We are going to try and attend the GB outing too. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Whoo Hoo, ya bringing your better looking half then?

Sounds good to me! Guess I'm gonna have to make my first trip now around the 1st of Sept! or wait :-(

Shep

Shep, it's time to tear off another page from your calendar.

Patrick .....