Nugget Shooter Forums

Dredging Granite creek

TomH

Does anyone know if there are any issues with running a dredge on granite creek south of Prescott?
Theres a lot of open areas there now and was just bumping this around in my head. Very hard area to detect with the trash.

Tks

Tom

Check the master title plats. I cannot remember but awhile back I was looking at that area and thought it was not open…Withdrawn or in a right-of-way or something. I could be wrong since it was not the area I was focusing on.

Check the master title plats. I cannot remember but awhile back I was looking at that area and thought it was not open…Withdrawn or in a right-of-way or something. I could be wrong since it was not the area I was focusing on.

That would mean that it may not be claim able, but certainly would not curtail dredging

Will require a plan of operation approval as well as you must own the mineral rights to dredge if they will still allow it. Dredging on any "open" forest service controlled land will get you in a heap of trouble without first jumping through their hoops....

I thought the regulations and application requirements in Washington state were tough...
Not really after reading through some of this!
Roadrunner Prospectors Permit

I remember compiling all the different western states requirements when Washington state was revising our rules back in 2007..

Arizona sticks in my mind as rotten, but hey, it's mostly desert, right?

You can get a lot of info from this document to decide what, who and where to submit if you still want to go for it!

Ron in WA