Nugget Shooter Forums

Prospectors on The Weather Channel

This program seems to celebrate the 'find' of what we like about hunting for things. I am not a rock and gem hunter (yet) but it sure makes you want to learn and look!

http://www.weather.com/tv/tvshows/prospectors/main

What do others think?

Mitchel

I've watched every show. Takes me back to a youth in the 50s grubbn' with the Palos Verde Gem/mineral club outings monthly in the deserts and hills. Got me hooked on fossils and gold,what a great addiction to have for over 57 years. Definately worth your time,BUT like mining ,dredging or using a pump,highly restricted now and Mom/Pop small op only way to go as shown on their fine show. Enjoy it immensely as mama drama less than any other-John

I watched all episodes and enjoyed the series. I especially liked it because I live not far from where it was partially filmed on Mt. Antero. I spent the July 4th weekend across the Arkansas River valley prospecting for gold in San Isabel Nat'l Forest. Mount Antero is an impressive sight to view from below and east. I am prone to altitude sickness, so don't expect I will ever trek up on top at 14,000+ ft.