Nugget Shooter Forums

Sluggish Forums?

Same here-microsoft must have "fixed" something with another insipid update and screwed up again.Problem started here when the forum changed from a click to enlarge and a click to make small to log on/off the forum part of the website. That upgrade killed my speeds and emoticons yet again. John

Edited by Hoser John

I used to run slow too. I deleted my history, defragged and cleaned up my disk. Runs much faster and smoother.

This computer is almost 9 years old now and still runs great. Absolutely no need to get another one.

Edited by Morlock

Not had Problems here but on Another forum I Moderate on it keeps coming on. The Jerks from China and Russia hack all the time. They Put down That other forum for two

weeks. Guess I'm doing something right Never had Problems after going with AVG Free. Semantics Based it kicks there butt and is on top of The crap. Yes Some Free Stuff is Driven by people that Hate these A Holes.

No issues here...using google chrome. gave up on IE years ago

Skip, Bill,

I tried the re-start, made sure to clear the cache, and the other stuff, but it didn't really speed up very much at all.

I did notice that everytime it lags, the delay is simultaneous with what shows in the activity bar at the bottom of the screen. The bar where it says "done" when loading. Everytime there is a lag time (alot), it hangs up with a google, facebook, or ak.facebook address showing in that bar.

:89:

I might have to take Don's advice and have some of you chicken farmers send me some bones!

Greg

Skip, Bill,

I tried the re-start, made sure to clear the cache, and the other stuff, but it didn't really speed up very much at all.

I did notice that everytime it lags, the delay is simultaneous with what shows in the activity bar at the bottom of the screen. The bar where it says "done" when loading. Everytime there is a lag time (alot), it hangs up with a google, facebook, or ak.facebook address showing in that bar.

:89:

I might have to take Don's advice and have some of you chicken farmers send me some bones!

Greg

Greg:

Im having the exact same problem. Seems to have started about 4 days ago.

Hangs up on the face book script.

Tom

Well if it help i'm not a member of facebook scammers and don't have any problems...lol!

I understand what your saying..... try going into well know common sites like ebay or amazon and look around in there to see if you get the slowdown inside either of those sites

Nothing to lose to try this, maybe you did it already.....

Shut down the computer then the wireless modem then the regular subscriber modem off buttons..... just on the subscriber modem unplug power and remove the Internet In wire, wait 20 seconds or more plug both back in and start up everything fresh and see if that does anything...

This sites flying right along for me

Thanks Joe Z, I'll try that also, this evening I've noticed that while it works fine everywhere else, it seems that it is also lagging on AZO's site, and Rob's site, just more so here.

All seem to use the same host/server I believe, at least it looks like it visually as their pages/layouts look very similar.

Could the problem be with the host service?

Greg

Edited by AuTSaurus

I only understand very little about servers but i do know they get backed up and slow down but i would think everyone would get a slowdown. Maybe and i'm only guessing that there is a place in your computer that recognizes that certain server and somehow got corrupted..... I'm lost from here.

Joe

I checked everything out and it is not on our end and it works fine for me as well, wish I could help but we have not changed anything here since the last update a few months back so I can't imagine what it could be. Support says it is not a forum issue though...

Well this morning every thing is zipping right along at my normal slow pace. (12yr old puter) :th_panic:

But its a heck of a lot faster then it was this weekend. :yesss:

Tom H.

Glad it's working better ...... On a 12 year old computer you may not have enough Ram (which is fairly inexpensive to update)..... not to be confused with hard drive.

Joe

Never had Problems on the Forum. I'm a Mod on a forum that is down twice a year because of hackers.

My problem is MS Windows. I think I'm going to go with Ubuntu! The Hackers cant do it there.