Nugget Shooter Forums

Should I or Should I not Power up Gorillas dump wagon

jarrod

oh ya the idea of it being full of nugs made me buy the 1200 pound wagon yesterday at Lowes.

Plus it has the room under the bed I need for the wheelchair power plan witch in a 260 pound wheelchair setup can haul a 450 pound person 25 miles so I am thinking hauling 500 pound should be easy work for it

Jarrod,

Personally , I wouldn't see a use for such an item in any of my prospecting. Hauling material from one place to another just to dump it out again wouldn't fit my techniques. Hope you have a good use for it ....

When the dirt was wet and we couldn’t dry wash, we used a wheelbarrow to haul dirt back and forth a couple hundred meters to our wet processing equipment. At first we would put the dirt in the barrel and dump it on top of a tarp, shovel the dirt from the tarp into buckets and then run it. This changed to where we would put five gallon buckets in the wheelbarrow and move it and process those buckets. The wheelbarrow was only strong enough to carry two buckets at a time.

I much prefer dry washing now. There’s about five months a year where the dirt is too wet to dry wash, so in the winter months I’ll be back to hauling 60 gallons of water per day, but until then I prefer bringing the drywasher to the paydirt instead of lugging the paydirt to processing equipment.

After digging on a claim last weekend I could see it helping me big time with my right leg not being able to bind and all. First to get all my stuff up on the claim. 2nd move boulders out of digging area keeping the claim looking nice and BLM happy and keeping me from having to move the boulders more than once as we move down the layer. 3rd moving the easy digging drywasher tailing off the hill to run them. Ares and the one's from previous claim owners. Plus I see my self just retiring the drywasher all together and just building a shaker screen or trommel above the wagon making digging yards way faster. It would also be nice to have in the Denver hole getting my stuff to the spot is a bit of a walk and at the end of the day I could just get in and drive my self down the sidewalk back to the car LOL. after using the claim owners drywasher I think there to slow and miss to much of the 50 and 100 mess gold in are tailing and the other tailing well I am not shear what made them but they left a lot of the gold behind and that is some easy digging. I am just not sold on the speed of drywashing seems to slow and seasonal they have there place in the middle of the summer but they can't always be used and I cant always work around the time of year to find the time to go digging. I am not past busting up Ice to get in the river or shoveling snow to dig up gold there like a cell phone they only work sometimes and not when you need them to

here's a video of 4 5 gallon bucket dug up and classified to 1/2 and ran on the highbanker nice color for 4 buckets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPRwEf7zaBo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUo_e7sg6Uym-wBkR4L1GZog

still waiting on the second part to be uploaded but it is of a 1/2 of a 55 gallon drum of drywasher tailing being ran

I'll post it too after it is done loading if anyone is interested in seeing it

your probably right about complicated but only building it will be complicated. After it's done it should be easy for me to use and not cost much more than a good drywasher set up Plus it will be usable year around and I'll never have to carry my battery's again. I'll just fill it up move paydirt off the hill across the street to the highbanker and plug in my electric pump into wagon power and run it straight out of the wagon. I only see my self using the dump when moving boulders out of the hole or if I have a helper to run the highbanker why'll I'm digging

I'll take on any complicated build if it's going to make my job easier on me. wish it could be as simple as the bucket floater was.

Jarrod,

Something you said gives me an idea. Once it gets wet here, I’ve been thinking of using the dry washer top half as a classifier and letting the classified dirt fill a bucket to run through some wet equipment and letting the bigger rocks form a pile. Using the wagon or the wheelbarrow to catch the dirt could be better than buckets. If AZ is like last year, around the end of October or the beginning of November, dry washing season will end.

Dry washing I can bring my equipment to the paydirt. When using wet techniques, hauling fifty gallons of water and equipment to a site is prohibitive. Some of the areas I get pay dirt from could be hundreds of meters from a road.

glad to give idea's

every dig site has it's challenges and a powered wagon may not always work out or be able to get it where it's needed just as drywashers have there limits to.

all equipment has its place depending on the place. Here the river is less than 20 meters from dig site and hauling water still don't sound productive to bad we couldn't run the hose cross the road or under it that would make life so much easier

I'm looking at spending about the same amount of money ether way I go. A powered wagon or drywasher we'll see got the wagon now I just got to get it up to the claim and see how it dose just dragging it around up there first

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...