Nugget Shooter Forums

Help the Families of the Deceased Yarnell Fire Firefighters

Bill or moderators please move this to the appropriate sub forum if necessary.

Chris Gholson over on AZO forum has started a fund raiser from the prospecting family to the families of the Yarnell Fire Firefighters who so bravely fought and died in the fire trying to save others and personal property from damage.

Please take a look and help if you can. Here is the link to his post on AZO: http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=11112

And here is the copy he posted should the link not work:

Supporting the Yarnell Hill Fire Victims

Hi Everyone,

It is with a heavy heart that I type these words. As many of you have already heard, the wildfire that erupted near Yarnell, AZ has gone down as one of the deadliest for firefighters in US history. The fire which was sparked by a lightning strike on Friday quickly grew as it chewed up the dry brush and shrubs in the area. On Sunday the fire took a turn for the worse and my family and I listened in stunned silence as the news confirmed the deaths of 19 firefighters. These were all young men and part of the elite Hotshot crew that are dropped in on the front lines to battle the fire with shovel and axe. This is a horrible tragedy not only for Arizona, but the entire country. Most of them had just returned from fighting the Doce fire. These young men died trying to save the nearby town of Yarnell, which sits atop the mountain above Stanton & Rich Hill. Many of them were just in their 20’s, and it breaks my heart to think of the families that lost their husband, father or son to this terrible disaster.

This tragedy really hits close to home for us. The men that died this past Sunday were fellow neighbors who lived and worked in our small community. The families are undoubtedly going to go through some rough times, which is why Arizona Outback has started an account called the: Yarnell Fire Victim Relief. This account which is hosted through Wells Fargo has been set up to accept donations. All monies received will be sent directly to the families whose loved ones perished in the fire. I will be handling the entire project myself, so you can be assured the money will reach its intended destination. All funds will be transferred to the victims at the end of the month. Thus far we have already collected several hundred dollars from fellow prospectors. We appreciate the generosity and no amount is too small. I will have more information coming soon. In the meantime, below are the banking details if you should decide to send a donation to help these families. Thank you again everyone for your continued support and prayers!

Yarnell Fire Victim Relief
Wells Fargo Bank
Account #: 7273356449
Routing #: 122105278

Thanks,

Mike F

also the Prescott Firefighter's Charities

http://www.prescottffcharities.org/how-you-can-help/

Prescott Fire Department Administration
ATTN: PFFC Granite Mt. Donations
1700 Iron Springs Rd
Prescott, AZ 86305

and

THe 100 Club of Arizona( both are 501c3's)

http://www.100club.org/web/100CLUB/Home/100CLUB/Default.aspx?hkey=bd7f5ced-a992-4f74-887b-201013fead48