Nugget Shooter Forums

My new detector

Well I finally got a detector, and I can't wait to try it. I was planning on saving up for a gold bug 2. Then I saw this whites vsat goldmaster on Craigslist. A lot of stuff I read online, people were saying the vsat does just about as well as a gb2. Also, I know the vsat works ok for coins and relics but I've heard the gold bug doesn't. I wanted a detector to do gold and coins so I went with the vsat. It came with a case, and some extra goodies that make digging and scooping your target easier. post-26514-0-08722300-1372804109_thumb.jpost-26514-0-43708600-1372804126_thumb.jpost-26514-0-58777800-1372804137_thumb.j

Get out and get going! I've used one a bit and liked it. It has its limitations- as all detectors do but a lot of practice and questions to the folks on this forum that started with the V sat will get you going. Best of luck. Be sure to show us you first find.

Congratulations on getting a very good detector King, it appears to be in pretty good condition, you can usually judge the condition of older Gold Masters by just looking at those chest mount rings, I've seen many of them where the rings are covered with rust, no rust means the previous owner took good care of it and stored it correctly and sometimes means it wasn't used that much!!

I'm taking it out tomorrow. It's such a change from all the crap I need for drywashing. All I'm taking tomorrow is a backpack of stuff and the detector. I'm just gonna dig everything and get used to the sounds it makes. I will surely get pics up as soon as I find something of interest.

Detector seems to be in great shape, it's got a few scratches on it but yea there's no rust on it. He said he used it a lot when he first got it but it hasn't seen much use lately. I got it just in time. We got our first real rain of the year yesterday. Flash flood warning here tonight. I won't be drywashing for a while but ill have plenty of time to learn this detector.

King

Did you get a manual with the detector? If not you can go to Whites company site and

down load one. Read that manual every chance you get until you get use to the detector.

The GM machines will make a little noise on real hot ground,but they will still find gold .

The trick is to learn which noise to ignore,and which to dig. Once you learn what it is

saying ,you will be digging gold. Ground balance is the key. Once you learn how,you can

balance and never miss a swing. Good luck and go find some gold!

Hey King ... Sawmill couldn't have stated a more important point about ground balancing this machine. From my experience with one I found that keeping my index finger on that fine tune knob was the best trick taught to me using the V-sat. With a little practice you will be able to become your own auto-ground balancer ... it will become second nature and you will definitely find targets with it ... some will be extremely small so be patient. And have fun with it! LOL

Best of luck with the new detector ... it is an oldie but a goodie!

Mike F

Good to see lots of you guys are familiar with this machine, I'm sure ill have some questions about it in the next few months. It did come with the manual, the guy even had the original box the detector came in. Thanks for the comments and motivation to get that nug!

that dog will hunt

learn the sounds & she will find you gold :head:

good luck

p.s

till you get really good at ground tuning it, run your gain low 1 through 5 as you get better at tuning you will be able to increase the gain

the gold masters are very sensitive even at the lowest gain

Edited by WLTDWIZ