Nugget Shooter Forums

Price of gold

Glad I sold when it was above $1900. If you have been holding your losing your ass. Interest rates are going up and gold will continue its decline.

I'm afraid gold will never go that high again...well at least not in my life time. But if it does, well halla luyayyyyyyyyyyy!

Also if gold goes back down to prices it was back in 04 or 05, I bet you will see tons of detectors and equipment being sold off.

Dave.

You must remember... An ounce of gold will ways be an oz of gold...... Paper currency is just that, nothing more than paper....... If you understand that simple sentence then the price of gold does not matter.........

• Like 3

I personally don't expect to ever see $4-500 gold again... wouldn't be surprise to see it go down a few $100 more though, then hover around the $1000-$1200 mark for a while... but who know! Price of gold is a funny thing, it can be so easily effected, either by one persons comment or by the choices of some small European country.

Sold my gold and bought 22 shells. Went from $6 to $80 a box. If the dollar fails gold will have no value. You cant eat it. But with 22 shells you can eat. Wall Street expects gold to drop to $900 and work back up to $1200 by next year. You can't get interest on gold. Investors have turned their back on gold and that drives the price down. I feel bad for the Alaska gold show guys. This will kill them.

• Like 1

The fundamental value of gold has not changed. The rats are fleeing the sinking Comex ship(paper gold) so the price of real gold gets beat up also. Banks and stocks would be worthless if not for DAILY injections of heroine (phoney money). Central banks and national treasuries are still gathering up gold as fast as they can. Do they know something we don't?

Please sent $25 for the above information to Klunker, Northern Sierra. Calif.

• Like 2

Gold/Silver is being manipulated big time so they can plunder the small guy in America who sells out of fear......China,Russia,Europe, India until the recent ban are buying up everything at these discount prices.Leave your fiat dollars on the bank so the govt' has somewhere to turn with buy-ins for when the economy tanks or buy some stocks as we are led to believe are doing so good while the rest of the world crashes......... Hows that "Hope and Change" working out for you? Ask Bernanke!

If silver goes down to say $14oz i'm selling the Farm to buy up as much as i can.....Gold is a little harder to raise that much cash and would if i could but silver has a large and growing need in the commercial sector

Joe

Edited by Joe Z

I am a cynical pessimist, so I think south of $1000.00.

I am sometimes pretty slow but could some of you gold experts tell me how owning gold will be a good thing if the dollar crashes. How will that work? Where and how will you buy food and necessities with gold? Not being a smart a$$ just don't know the answer.

I am a cynical pessimist, so I think south of $1000.00.

I am sometimes pretty slow but could some of you gold experts tell me how owning gold will be a good thing if the dollar crashes. How will that work? Where and how will you buy food and necessities with gold? Not being a smart a$$ just don't know the answer.

I had the same concerns but if and when the dollar crashes there will be nobody with cash to buy your gold and you wouldn't sell all your gold for wheelbarrels full of dollars (think confederate money)........ gold is just preservation of wealth until a new currency is established which will happen as QE will finish dollars off when other countries realize it's got no value...... when the new currency comes in place gold/silver will be much more valuable than your dollar. Silver dollars would be much easier to barter with as you would not need to get change like a one ounce gold coin.

It may be advisable to get your assets out of the system before it's too late and keep about 6 months of cash handy for when a "Bank Holiday" is declared like Cyprus

Look up people like Jim Sinclair and Paul craig Roberts, King World News and follow their newsletters and make your own decision.

I know your not a smart a$$ just looking in these hard times some other options....... Some will agree with this and others won't. We're a country divided now and i really don't want to start a political debate as these are just my feelings and others think the economy is doing great.

Jim Sinclair

http://www.silverdoctors.com/tag/jim-sinclair/

Paul Craig Roberts

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/category/articles/

King world news

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/King_World_News.html

Edited by Joe Z

I think so but who knows for sure as the big shot manipulators are not done with pullbacks for their friends to buy it up yet. It's not the false how good we are doing economy that is doing this ...... they want you to invest in stocks so they can dump them and make a killing when they rise enough and they are stocking up on gold while low..... Again only speculation on my part and i could be wrong which i will admit if i am. Sooner or later the manipulars (banksters) will lose control

Edited by Joe Z

Look at it this way.....if you had a two ounce nugget in your hand today, and the dollar crashes the next day. Are you suddenly going to look at that nugget like its a piece of gravel? Gold has been a source of value and used for trading for a long long time before there was a dollar. If there is no dollar then there has to be some sort of currency to take its place. Gold may not have a set value that everyone is aware of if the dollar crashes, but it is still an extremely rare metal. People have done unspeakable things to get their hands on just a small amount of this stuff, and that will never change, gold will always be a PRECIOUS metal.

It always goes up at the end of the week. If you need to cover your margins you buy. If you can find someone to sell at a loss. I know people in the business and they are shiting bricks and refusing to sell gold they paid 1800 oz for. This won't end well. Look for all the cash for gold places to go under.

Interesting how gold was being pushed as a good investment when the price was high, buy, buy, buy, its going to da moon, thats all we heard. And people did buy.

The bankers sold tonage making handsome profits. Then the price is collapsed and the brotherhood of bankers buy it back. They made money, got the gold back, and destroy the smaller players at the table. Its all dirty manipulated greed.

• Like 2