Nugget Shooter Forums

Keene DW2

I've been looking into getting a hand crank model that can actually process a decent amount of dirt. When you read the description for this model (dw2)on the Keene website it says that turning the crank operates the bellows and provides vibration. I have been looking for videos of someone operating this machine with the hand crank because I'm very interested to see what "vibration" they are talking about. The only videos I've seen are with people using the 12 volt motors. I want to see one used with just the hand crank. I've always thought blower models had a distinct advantage because of the vibration and the air from the blower. That's why I'm very interested to see what they are talking about when they refer to the crank making the box vibrate. Does any one have a dw2 they've used the hand crank for? If so can you weigh in on this please?

I have both the hand crank and 12 v motor on my Keene. Works the same. When the bellow comes up and hits the bottom the unit gives a little shake. I removed the hand crank to make it easy to transport

I've been looking into getting a hand crank model that can actually process a decent amount of dirt. When you read the description for this model (dw2)on the Keene website it says that turning the crank operates the bellows and provides vibration. I have been looking for videos of someone operating this machine with the hand crank because I'm very interested to see what "vibration" they are talking about. The only videos I've seen are with people using the 12 volt motors. I want to see one used with just the hand crank. I've always thought blower models had a distinct advantage because of the vibration and the air from the blower. That's why I'm very interested to see what they are talking about when they refer to the crank making the box vibrate. Does any one have a dw2 they've used the hand crank for? If so can you weigh in on this please?

How much material are you wanting to process with a hand crank? On average it takes me 4 to 6 minutes to process 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket with a blower driven 140 depending on the material....

Edited by adam

Well I have a blower driven pack washer, I think it is about the same size as the 140. It gets great gold, but here's my problem. My only vehicle is a 2wheel drive car. I can get to a few spots where I'm working within fifty feet of the car and don't have to carry much. But the spots I need to get to,to get at decent gold, is way up in the mountains. So I drive my car as far as I can go. Then I get out and take all my equipment and hike it in. Not that big a deal since its only 50-60 pounds but I thought if I had the crank model, all I would need is the drywasher, shovel/pic and bucket. And food and water for the day. I wouldn't have to haul the blower, gas, and tools for the blower. Also, just thought it would be nice to be able to hear while I'm working. It's kind of creepy to all of a sudden hear a voice above the blower and then there's some stranger five feet away yelling at you to get your attention. Last time it was some rough looking fellow with hair and a beard like Santa, and a rifle over his shoulder. He was pretty friendly and just wanted info, but I thought it was weird his big rifle had no sights on it. I don't mind someone surprising me out in the desert if they are decent folks, but its the thought of someone with lll will towards me coming across me out there and me not ever hearing or seeing them until they want to be seen. I was just asking bout those crankers because I'm in one of the spots ol bedrock bob suggested and he told me for years he just hiked a puffer back up in here and got pounds of gold with it.

Oh yea and as far as material goes, I'd be willing to take a hit there, as long as the puffer is actually getting the gold. I'm still skeptical about that. I've seen several in action and seems like they throw an awful lot of dirt out and some of the dirt never even seems to get behind the riffles. I'd say it takes me about 30 to 45 minutes to do a ten bucket run in my blower. I wonder what it would take to hand crank that pile?