Nugget Shooter Forums

"Gilaoro" in Hospital

SLNugget

Max had hip replacement surgery yesterday. Surgery went fine and he is already up and doing PT.

Polly said he came out of recovery complaining aout being hungry so she figured he is doing OK.

Hopefully after recovery and rehab Max can get back out digging and beeping. I think he has his laptop with him so he can communicate some.

Hey Max ... Get home as quick as you can ... never know what you might catch in the hospital!!! My younger brother just had that done on his left hip. Amazing way they do it now. No longer the 15-16" slice and dice on the butt cheek ... just a 5-6" slice about where the front pocket would be on a pair of jeans. I was up same day. went home the next and walked with a 4 legged walker for a couple weeks and is now with a cane they say for the next 6 weeks ... doc says after about 3=4 weeks if he feels up to it he can walk short distance without the cane but keep it in hand just in case. Steve's biggest complaint is the PT but he knows he has to do it. I killed his summer of fishing and work as a general building contractor but as he says he WILL be ready for hunting season in November! And knowing him he will be. Just for the record I think he turns 55 this year. So Max ... ther eis hope and you will be better than new after just a few weeks.

Mike F

YAHOO Max glad to hear ya finely went and done it,rest,recoup DO THAT PT RELIGEOUSLY, and get your fannie out there a swingn' asap bud-take care-speedy recovery-respect-John O :yesss:

My Chiropractor in Alaska had both hips done and is a happy clam, My other mother had both knees done and is all the better for it as well. Physical therapy, massage, heat and cold treatments, and a gauntlet of other touch therapies are very helpful both before and after and for many other things that ail ya. Also the proper meditation training can help manage pain but there are many who didn't know there is a difference between actual training and the do-it-yourself stuff that don't help much.

Max.....

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I met you two times at your house and was great talking to you...... Sure hope you get back out in the field as your a wealth of information.

I'm still close by to the hospital if you need anything and you have my number.

Feel Better :yesss:

Joe

Aloha Max,

Make sure you listen to your doctor and do your PT religiously as it will pay off in the long run. In the meantime, practice chasing them nurses in your wheelchair! :brows:

Aloha and get better soon,

Stan aka Kaimi

Max does not have his laptop at the hospital, so he asked me thank everyone for the good wishes and positive thoughts and comments.. He is being transferred to the hospital in Wickenburg today for a few days of intensive rehab before they let him go home. He's still doing well and is feeling better daily.

It won't be long before you'll be ready to start hitting it again, Max ... And if there is a best time to not be able to get out, Summer in the big Az is the time....Cheers, Unc

Hello all !

Got out of the rehab hospital this afternoon now outpatient rehab for several months.

This was not a stroll in the park and I waited far too long to do it but I am doing better than I expected, I went into this with the intention of making it my priority, no books, phone or computer, just get it done.

After seeing Stan's leg (SL NUGGET) and hearing his story and advice I went with the intention of doing everything they asked of me and did,.

I got in a room about 4 PM and was in zoom land of course, by 8 PM I was fed and got out of bed and introduced to the walker by a little lady of about 20 and tough as a Marine Gunny and told I was going to walk to the bathroom or pee in bed and I was not to pee in her bed so I walked. The next AM it was 6 AM and I walked the hall and did exercises before breakfast .

The thinking is the more you do the sooner the better off you will be so I am going to be a good SOB so they don't extend my sentence.

I f you need this the sooner you get it the easier it is (so they tell me) so don't do like I did and put it off the hardest part is laying there waiting.

I had a very good surgeon and he has been DR of the year in Phoenix.

I have some long painful rehab ahead but maybe I'll be back for the fall, in the meantime I will be selling my Ranger 4x4 and a claim and looking for a low rider, check the classifieds soon as I can do more.

THANKS TOO ALL for the wishes and advice.

Max

Low rider??? hahaha Max,they can't keep a good man down for very long bud. Nice to see posts and your up and a fighting the old bod for a few miles more. PT , pt and mo' pt and you'll be better than new-respect-John :thumbsupanim