Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need to replace my worn out cell phone. I need

1. suitable for use by an idiot.

2. good camera for nugget photos so I can make you all jealous.

3. good audio because I'm deaf.

4. virtually indestructible because I'm clumsy.

5. Cheap because I am.

any suggestions?

Get a CB radio? :idunno:

TRACK PHONE and a Magnifying glass for close ups. I use one. If I bust it or loose it I'm out $30.00! Waaaaaaa!

see consumers reports as some even water proof and outdoorsmen styles(tougher) on the market now-John

Verizon is now offering the iPhone4 free with a 2 year contract. A good aftermarket Otter Box case and you are good to go. It is an amazing phone/mini-computer with a very good camera and the GPS and mapping programs are the cat's meow.

I have been using mine for 2.5 years and am still amazed with its capabilities

I had Verizon for 10 years and it was costing me $50.oo a month.

Track Phone is supported by there same and it only Cost $20.00!

I Don't use the net on mine but it does what I need.

lf I need to use the net it is there but I just want a stinking phone.

The Camera is cool , I can do stuff like document places and stuff. Need to E mail it to my self to get it off the phone.

Not a Problem to me.

5. Cheap because I am.

any suggestions?

klunker I apologize for the confussion....I was making a joke and thought it would have my name at the bottom of the post and you would realize it was in fun....again sorry

Not a problem at all as you are always on the list of usual suspects. By the way, I learned a new word to day it's spelled R E T R I B U T I O N. I'll explain it's meaning later.

Not a problem at all as you are always on the list of usual suspects. By the way, I learned a new word to day it's spelled R E T R I B U T I O N. I'll explain it's meaning later.

Ok...stanking by for the "bow shot".... :hide:

Thanks folks for the replies. Looks like I might have to catch up with technology a wee bit.

Garimpo- I was thinking more in terms of "amid ship". this may take some planning.

Thanks folks for the replies. Looks like I might have to catch up with technology a wee bit.

Garimpo- I was thinking more in terms of "amid ship". this may take some planning.

This might be fun, I'll be the referee, Klunker let me know if you need any help!!! :brows::ROFL:

I agree with El Dorado about an iPhone.

I didn't get one til last summer when I moved with my daughter to a suburb of Chicago

and had to keep track of two homes, two halves of my family and their related expenses.

Now, I don't know how I lived without it.

The reception is great (Verizon), the camera is decent, there are a few gps apps that really are quite snazzy

and I have for the most part done away with my using my Garmin.

It is good enough for internet and I have a banking app that is terrific;

you photograph both sides of a check and deposit it over the phone, how cool is that?

My daughter is on the USA Sr. Group Rhythmic Gymnastics Team and travels all over Europe, Russia etc. to compete.

I have several apps that actually track her flights in the air on a highly detailed map, warn me if the flight is late or delayed,

and tell me which gate she is arriving at.

Oh, and if you have kids, you need to use texting to talk with them.

Texting is also useful in the field to communicate with your partner.

Yes there is some tech stuff you need to brush up on but it is worth it.

That's where good neighbors come in! I just yell out the door, and one neighbor pass's it to the next! Ha! Ha! Grubstake

I think somewhere between LD and Flakmag and Grubbies suggestion is what I need. However I do need the capability to contact some "cousins" in Brazil for a little "job I need to have done there.

I'll pass your message on for you klunker...save you a phone charge....the kissing cousins are coming over

tonight. :4chsmu1:

5. Cheap because I am.

any suggestions?

It wasn't cheap but the phone I got my son- he hates phones even though the tech isn't an issue. I got him the Quantico (may have spelled it wrong)because it's extremity hard to kill. It has a decent camera for the durable variety. Good cameras are all fragile. My son has good hearing but I can hear the other person if I'm in the room so that should do for you as well. The operation is fairly simple. I have poor vision so I memorize and don't even have to look really.

So- 4 out of 5................... :ROFL:

I am in the iphone court, or at least will be when I get my stolen one (yesterday) replaced....

Just to let you know, Apple is fixin to put a stop on iPhone thefts. If the phone is reported stolen, they're going to disable them. Heard this on the news a few days ago. Also beware of buying any iPhones on craiglist, could be stolen. Of course if the person has a receipt for it, it may be legit...

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP. It was informative and entertaining. You folks are great! I didn't go for the I phone or any thing fancy but it seems to have a good camera and a type writer thing for textured messages. Now I need a kid from grammar school to show me how to use it as it came with almost no information. Verizon customer service was disgusting. I'll send a nugget photo as soon as I get the dang thing figured out.

5. Cheap because I am.

any suggestions?

Get yourself some pigeons.

Brilliant idea!!!! an edible communication device. But pigeons can't take pictures.

I hate asking someone for help and hate even more showing my ignorance so I ordered a booklet to learn how to use my new cell phone. Verizon doesn't provide them with a new phone, they tell you to just go on line if you have questions. Of course my first question is "how do I go on line?". Well, I sent for a booklet from the manufacturer(Samsung, they were great to deal with) and all I can say is I hope it's a King James version because it has enough pages to be something left in a seedy motel room by the Gideons. Still trying to get pictures out of the phone and into someplace useful. !&*@%+#!!

What kind of phone is it?

It's a Bell. It has a crank and came with 10,000 feet of #9 galvanized wire.--I wish.

Samsung"Bright side" Book says I need a memory card. Not included.

I think that phone could possibly hook into my string and can network when I get the string up into your area.

Seriously I tried to learn a bit about the phone and discovered it was manufactured without a brain so it is a dumb phone. You may have to email the photos to yourself or get a memory card.