Nugget Shooter Forums

whew sure hot out

What seems not all that along ago I used go off-roading in the Mojave Desert year round no matter what the temperature was. Now days its more of a seasonal sport and the temperature does matter.

Yep, I used to have no problem with up to 115 degree days out there, but that was a while back ... I was out last week near LSD and hunted for around 3 hours in about 102 degrees and started getting queasy ... Finally had to give up beeping ... I drank about a gallon and a half of cool water ... I grew up near Death Valley, CA, and we didn't take our down jackets off until 110 !!!! And here's a picture from my old home town that got posted on Facebook today.... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-38167100-1370822167_thumb.jpg

Well I have a small confession June 28-30 will be my final run of the season to Barstow, and I'm sure it will be pushing the century mark. If I don't go I'll have to wait until late September maybe early October for the next run. :Just_Cuz_06:

LOL! Just fired up the Cooler the other day. Couldn't take it any more. Over 100 here at the house and Boy do it feel good being cool again.

PROCRASTIATORS, UNIT TOMMAROW!

Redding kalif-104-116 this past 7 days-noooooooooooooo fun-----lying by the pool,soakn' ol'bones in jacuzzi,shootn' pool n' the clubhouse and suffering through the heat in air conditioned house,vehicles and stores,tough but someones gotta do it-John :old:

Figures, the temp around here 98 to 100 the last few days,,,,,

and I get involved in shoveling 5 pickup loads of dirt over two days. :arrowheadsmiley::nutty::grr01:

Load in the shade, empty in the Sun. Later in the day, load in the Sun

and empty in the shade. Mid day had Sun in both spots. :desertsmile:

Let's say the experiance was less that enjoyable. :th:

Supposed to be back in the mid 80's this next week. :yesss:

Three more loads this comming Tues., at least it'll have cooled down. :brows:

It's gotta go or no parking at my next house.

Last 3 loads out on Tues.

Wed. shaping and leveling.

Road base arrives Thurs.

Gravel comes on Fri.

Sat.? :89:

( I ain't doin' squat! :rasberry: )

Been in AZ a loooooooooooooong time ain't global warming I agree Jim that is all BS! It is just hot like always, but you got it hotter there in Havasu on average and we call that Bullhead/Havasu warming :ROFL:

It's starting to heat up in Texas too....whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! Upper 90's...ugh!!!!!!!!

Yup ... toasty here in NH too ... a balmy 65 ... and raining! Fishing is good though! :)

Mike F

THIS POST NEEDS TO BE DELETED!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR :barnie:

:)

Tom

Geez ... didn't mean to be taken as being so mean! :aw-shucks: ... so to add a little salt to the wound ... today is partly sunny windy and about 74 right now at 10:30 AM EDT ... and the fishing is still good! :inocent::rasberry: Heading out in the kayak soon to catch a few more 4 lb largemouth bass ... life is tough here right now!

But ... I'll be back to join you all in the heat shortly after July 4th ... until then only tight lines and bass for me ... oh and mostly 75-80 degree days! Oh and don't forget that I have to deal with HIGH humidity here on the NH seacoast! :party-smiley-027[1]::action-smiley-068[1]:

Mike F

Flipping getting Toasty here. Been over 100 the last week. Just got the Cooler padded and cleaned up. Moved it from the Bedroom Window to the Side of the House. Everything in the Bedroom got Soggy last year and that was NO BEUNO! Now the living room is cooler and Nothing is Soggy. Yep, The Good old Swamp Box cooler. 115 out side and your lucky to get 80 or 90 inside but it sure feels good. Dogs even figured out it was cooler then under the house and came back in. Ticks! Man never seen this many ticks. WHat ta Hell.