Nugget Shooter Forums
primalspirit

And yet another new show on the way: Gold Trails

Last night at the GPAP meeting there was a presentation by Kevin Hoagland and the director of the new show. It will feature both gold prospecting and treasure hunting. Kevin wants to make the points that prospecting is for everyone (as opposed to the Alaska show where you need like millions of dollars of equipment), and that all different types of people prospect. He hopes to bring in lots of new members

I don't remember the director's name (Craig ____) but evidently he is considered the father of reality TV. They have chosen our Phoenix chapter to start with because we are one of the most active chapters. They will start filming in July in the Prescott area. I forgot the number but there will be LOTS of episodes. It will be shown on either network TV or something everyone can get, not a subscription channel like Outdoor.

Anyway, Kevin is quite engaging on the screen, so get out now while there's still some gold left. :hiker:

Jean

Gosh. With all these prospecting shows I wish I was a handsome photogenic dude. But alas- I,m just a grumpy, frumpy old prospector. Oh well...

Excellent! I love a shopw for the little people........Sounds good.

JIm

I better start practicing my panning.

Whats panning?

I think that's when a movie camera makes a slow, sweeping shot.

Thanks for the info Jean,

I will keep my eye out for it. If they start showing the gold found near the Prescott area on TV, it will become the new flocking station, just like Nome Alaska reality shows, the hills will be swarming with people trying to strike it rich in gold.

Dave.

Thanks for the info Jean,

I will keep my eye out for it. If they start showing the gold found near the Prescott area on TV, it will become the new flocking station, just like Nome Alaska reality shows, the hills will be swarming with people trying to strike it rich in gold.

Dave.

So, set up a roadside tent and sell propecting equip. and water.

Stake your claim now for the best spot, and mine them "miners". :brows:

I sure hope this doesn't follow the "formula" of all these other gold and treasure shows. I like Kevin and think he is one of the "good guys," so I have my fingers crossed!

I sure hope this doesn't follow the "formula" of all these other gold and treasure shows. I like Kevin and think he is one of the "good guys," so I have my fingers crossed!

Yes if they just do the show and let the people be themselves and not require them to dramatize things and act stupid, it might be ok. Kevin has a head on his shoulders and hope he sees into the glorification of these type shows before it goes to far.

Yeah Keven is a good egg and has always shown to be level headed.... Should be interesting.

Jean,

Congrats to your club for being one of the most active, and to start the new show. Do you know what your segment will be about? Prostecting, nugget shooting did he say. Once more big high 5 to your club.

Dan Taylor

Hi Dan,

In the first segment they will accompany Kevin as he searches for a new claim for the club (in the Prescott area). Also, I think there may be a segment where school kids in Crown King are taught to pan ... but I'm not remembering whether this is something that already happened ... maybe someone else who was at the meeting can chime in.

Thanks for the the high 5. Yes, the club does lots of good things like bringing demos to schools, retirement communities, gold shows, etc., as well as maintaining roads both on the claims and in the general vicinity, and maintaining the claims themselves (filling holes and removing trash). That's in addition to the monthly meetings and outings.

I think this show could raise public awareness about mining and could help our cause -- that is, if it stays out of the traps that others have mentioned.

Jean

Well hopefully it will give the general public a positive view of the prospecting and metal detecting in general, as the other shows have given the metal detecting and prospecting/mining a black eye.

Thanks for the work your club is doing.

high 5.

Hey, that would be a good claim name " High Five "

Cant wait to see the new show, but all the gold was found already by the old timers

They wouldn't dare plant a nugget or two just for the show. Would they?

They wouldn't dare plant a nugget or two just for the show. Would they?

Not Kevin , no way .....

Edited by adam

Not Kevin , no way .....

X-2 I know the man well....

Adam,

High 5 is a good name for a claim. Thats why we used it. It was the 5th claim our club RT66 Gold Miners Inc. filed on.

Also Adam remember Gold is not only where you find it, BUT where they missed it. :)

I just hope the people producing and making the show are honest. That seems to be lacking quite a bit these days.

Dan T.

The show will be more about the fun of prospecting and treasure hunting.

Gosh. With all these prospecting shows I wish I was a handsome photogenic dude. But alas- I,m just a grumpy, frumpy old prospector. Oh well...

There's another show that would like to hear from you! WANTED: ADVENTURE SEEKING GOLD HUNTERS IN THE LAST FRONTIER!!!! email goldtvcasting@gmail for more information if interested

There's another show that would like to hear from you! WANTED: ADVENTURE SEEKING GOLD HUNTERS IN THE LAST FRONTIER!!!! email goldtvcasting@gmail for more information if interested

goldtvcasting,

I see that you have posted this more or less same post several times so far.

If you elaborate on the story line of your possible gold prospecting/mining show you may get more interest, if it's anything like most of what has been aired by other networks I would say don't waste your time here, but if you're going to do a "Real" gold prospecting/mining show and not try to manipulate the outcome or miners to garner excitement and or resentment between the miners you may get some takers!!!

That's my 2 cents worth,

Skip

goldtvcasting,

I see that you have posted this more or less same post several times so far.

If you elaborate on the story line of your possible gold prospecting/mining show you may get more interest, if it's anything like most of what has been aired by other networks I would say don't waste your time here, but if you're going to do a "Real" gold prospecting/mining show and not try to manipulate the outcome or miners to garner excitement and or resentment between the miners you may get some takers!!!

That's my 2 cents worth,

Skip

Yup posting the same thing in multiple sections is not cool... I have deleted a couple of them.

It's Craig Santy. Look him up on IMDB (he's gotten rid of the bleach job).

The thing he's asked of me:

Find a couple travel trailers capable of sleeping 6-8 each to use for 4-6 weeks starting July 20th. There's some money on the table as well as GPAA and LDMA packages, and advertising for whomever.

He's also in need of a few quads for filming days.

Any and all equipment will be well taken care of and they're on the hook for wear/tear/breakage.

It does look interesting, but I'm having a really hard time getting any takers.

Anyone here want your name out there?