Nugget Shooter Forums

Pork anyone?

I recon these will go 200 lbs plus..This is the first time I seen em on my property. But I have seen their damage before. About 7 am this morning. The brown blob behind the black one is a pig too.

post-26159-0-79060600-1370521232_thumb.j

I have taken out over a dozen here the vineyard. 75 to 100lbs ones make great chops and hams. The ribs are fantastic, but not being fatty meat like domestic pigs there is no bacon. Over 150lbs the meat tastes stronger better for sausage. they love to root up lawns and damp areas.

Bob

Set up a trap pen and then feed them with some corn for a mouth or so and the wild taste gets out of the meat, then it's time for slaughter!!

Some of the locals here catch the wild hogs like they do a the TV show and do the corn feeding, some nice pork!!!

This has got me to thinking.......build 2 pins...domesticate them with good food in one....and put the pigs domesticated in the second pin...$$$$$$$$...CHING!!! CHING!!!

Edited by Rimshot

Rimshot, I don't know if you ever get a wild pig domesticated unless they are very young with you catch them, but you will be able to get a much better meat from them in this way, put a little fat on them and you can even get some bacon.

A lot of the old folk here where I live go to all the restaurants and get all the scraps food they throw out to feed to their domesticated pigs, some people may even do that with the wild pigs as well, pigs domesticated or wild will eat anything you give them, we have lot of restaurants in my area since it is a tourist destination.

Them critter's are so cut and cuddly, you should trap em, pen em, and give em names, you know, names like "Breakfast", and "BBQ", I'd name the big one "Supper", or even "4-Sale", then you could eventually change his name to "SOLD". You might want to keep the activity of keepin and naming wild pigs to yerself and a few key friends though cause the state always wants in on such activity or might even frown upon it.

But yep, I'd give em names.

Better get them while you can. People are getting tired of them. Most states have ratification programs but they will never work. Private property owners here in NM Use them for Easy Cash. They do Contracted hunts for more then $400.00 a pig. Been down to the Hurts Ranch in the boot heel and they went so far as to set up feeding stations like they use for there cattle to boost the populations. Seen little piglets scampering in front of the van the whole time we was down there Installing Satellite Dishes in there bunk houses. Wife and I was talking about Russelling a few. LOL

http://www.livescience.com/28560-feral-pigs-running-wild.html

Edited by homefire

Now i see this ad on craiglist that says: From 10-20lbs. $10 a piece. 21-50lbs. $15 a piece!!!

Now these are wild pigs and not sure what he's feeding them. I think he's selling them too cheap but that's jmo.

Let's say you have a 100 lb. hog. How many lbs. of meat would you get out of him on average? Any ideas??

Hmmmm Home...now that's an idea! They are even venturing into the cities around me as I speak...lol!

You can expect about 60% of Body weight in meat if you keep all usable 70%. I don't do Chitlens or any Organs. Just Hams, Shoulder, Ribs and Pork Chop Steaks. All Neck meat is good (Cooked Real Good. Had a Uncle that got Trig.) Took him 15 years to find a Country doctor to figure out what it was. Two Weeks of Meds cleaned it up.

The Hams go in the Smoker after a One day Soak in refrigerated Sea Salt brine (Potassium Nitrate if on hand Real Ham!) Rub Down in your basic flavors of choice! I like stuff like I make My Jerky out of , Brown Sugar, Green Chili or what ever. After the Salts (Required) Your Flavor is up to your imagination. Got to have the Salt Soak be it Sea Salt or the Real Old Time Potassium salts. Emmm Sure taste Good. And NO Potassium Nitrate does not give you a Flat Tire Down Yonder!

If your A Heart Patient you may want not want to use it. Talk to yer Doctor.

Ok, That's What I do. and I'm sticking with my Story.