Nugget Shooter Forums

Lake Havasu Gold is Heating Up

In order to beat the heat here, which is consistently in the 100's until September, you have to wake up early and get to the gold right at sunrise. I have a complete accounting & some pics of the latest trip on my blog: http://lakehavasugold.com/archives/258. The pics really illustrate how hot & sweaty & dirty digging up 3/10's of a gram of gold can be! But as any prospector knows, next trip is the one where I find that sweet nugget!

In order to beat the heat here, which is consistently in the 100's until September, you have to wake up early and get to the gold right at sunrise. I have a complete accounting & some pics of the latest trip on my blog: http://lakehavasugold.com/archives/258. The pics really illustrate how hot & sweaty & dirty digging up 3/10's of a gram of gold can be! But as any prospector knows, next trip is the one where I find that sweet nugget!

:goodpost: LHG.....many years ago I knew a man that would take his daughter and son with him to the desert and

he would put a small roto-tiller with front tines against the sides of a gulley and let it do all the digging while his kids

carried the dirt to the dry washer while he went off deeping.....at times the kids got more gold than he did....and

they always got to keep their gold....

:goodpost: LHG.....many years ago I knew a man that would take his daughter and son with him to the desert and

he would put a small roto-tiller with front tines against the sides of a gulley and let it do all the digging while his kids

carried the dirt to the dry washer while he went off deeping.....at times the kids got more gold than he did....and

they always got to keep their gold....

Trust me, I've considered many ways to avoid all the manual digging, incliding that one, but because of the irregularity of the bottoms of the gullies (unexpected jutting out bedrock chunks, etc), I'd be hesitant to bring out a tiller...if I had one. I'd probabl;y end up tilling my toes through my boots.