Nugget Shooter Forums

ML 4500 and DD coils?

Yo All ... I've been running my 4500 for about 2 years now and it seems DD coils just don't like it ... Noisy ... End up having to change to a mono within a few minutes ... I've got the settings right, but it makes no difference ... Seems like my 4500 only wants mono coils ... anyone else experienced this ? My various DD coils worked fantastic on my ol' Baboo 2100 .... Cheers, Unc

Hi Ron Ive only ran a DD once and it ran pretty smooth and I found a nugget as well-butttttttt I dont see any real need to run a DD with the GPX series as a mono runs just fine and is more sensitive to small gold than a DD :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200: PS I had the 4000 skipped the 4500 and now sport the 5000 :arrowheadsmiley:

Edited by Mike C...

Ron, I thought the same about my 4500. I bought a brand new commander 15 X 12 DD from a forum member and could not for the life of me make it work. After much frustration, I discovered that the coil was one of the Chicom knock offs.

Same here....I run the 4500 and find myself running the mono mostly as it's smooth. Once in a while I am thinking DD and the possibility of using the disc with it. :idea: .when I do, I notice that it's not as stable as the mono. I would rather have a smooth threshold so I always go back to my mono coils.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm what other GPX coils can be used on the 4500? Can any of the 3500, 4000,4800 or 5000 coils be used ?

Edited by extractor

all coils made for any of Minelab Pi machines will work on the 4500...Minelab makes the disclaimer that after-market coils by others may not work as well or at all...depending on the machine and the situation some will function better than others...and, of course the coils made specifically for that machine Should work the best...

fred

• Like 1