Nugget Shooter Forums

Large asteroid to pass within 3.6 million miles of Earth

The on line story below is different from the hard newspaper copy, the hard copy noted NASA is providing for the public to keep track of the asteroid including live streaming today and tomorrow at www.nasa.gov/ntv. Also Slooh Space Camera offers free online viewing of celestial events at www.slooh.com will track the asteroid Friday starting at 1:30pm. :ROFL:

http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_23339111/large-asteroid-pass-within-3-6-million-miles

I often wonder, IF one were to be on track to strike the Earth,

would "THEY" ever tell us? :89:

As far as capturing an asteroid, I can see the possibility for mineral resources,

but the cost would be astronomical. (puns just happen sometimes :inocent: )

If they thought one of these things was going to strike the plant I sure hope they don't tell us. I can't begin to visualize the civil disorder and the international conflicts that would result. That would be as bad as announcing we have been in contact with aliens and they are going to pay us a visit. Brown stuff would hit the fan.

I often wonder, IF one were to be on track to strike the Earth,

would "THEY" ever tell us? :89:

Plenty of amateurs tracking these too so "they" wouldn't have to tell us. Kind of wish one would hit..... but not here. The meteorite hunters are getting restless....

all depends on the size and its speed.

Would like to see one the size of a buick hit the middle east....God's way of saying You suck...

I'd rather see one hit DC, take care of the problems that are a lot closer to home.