Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

karlfarris

GB anyone?

I'm going to GB to camp for 1 or 2 days either the week of 6/3 or 6/17. Have had no luck there, but I'm determined this time. I know, I know, it's hot, but if anyone wants to join me, email me at kjfarris@golfsculptures.com with preferred dates. I'm going to Franconia from there.

It's actually been very pleasant lately, in the 80s. I hope to make it out to GB this year, but am busy when you're going out. Good luck, Karl!

Thanks Mike. When you do go, if you'd like some company, just let me know. Karl

Karl,

I will be there tomorrow, and Friday, right near Gladiola, and Greggs Hideout Rd. Big happy face flag on tent trailer, I call it Happy Camp. If your there stop by and say hi.

Dave

Karl thats a great offer, if yer at the basin don't miss Dave !!!
Hapy Huntn an Good Luck you guys wish I could join in.

Dave...would love to join you, but I won't be there until next week. Good hunting.

Karl

Karl, I heard you scored out at Franconia, let's see that success! Congrats!

Mike...pictures should be appearing on my post (or other post). Thanks

Karl,

Getting Really hot out there, but here are a few Gold Basins I just got from the middle of the strewn field on the GPAA claims, they are still there. I probably wont be out there till it cools off, if your ever interested in meeting up, let me know. Good Luck, and congrats on your Franconia.

Dave

post-1046-0-03834500-1370795432_thumb.jp

post-1046-0-55546800-1370795446_thumb.jp

Nice, Dave. We have to do a group hunt out there this year!

Nice, Dave. We have to do a group hunt out there this year!

Mike,

Sounds good to me...

Dave,

Thanks. Those two GB finds of yours are impressive. And I assume the circled area in the map photo is where you found them. If so, good of you to share that with us. I would definitely be interested in meeting up with you sometime. Actually, I live in a desert area and am very acclimated to the heat, so I will be going back to GB sometime soon even tho it's hot. I'm so jacked up over my Franconia find that I'm anxious to get back to some hunting.

And Mike, I agree with doing a group hunt there this year...count me in.

Karl

As a newbie who is also an addict and learning more each trip out, I am soooo interested in learning how to nugget/Astroid shoot. I been to the GB area 1 time to find the MPA claims as I was researching before joining.

I know you guys are posting to show each other the finds but I must say, it encourages us new dudes in case you did not know it, I know you all had to start as a newbie sometime ago and thus, you are where my goal is.....Thanks for the "Drive".

Group outtings shoud excellent for learning.....

Jim

Nice finds Dave. I'm still buzzin from the last trip. makes me want to go again!! NOW!!!! :-)

Roy.

I checked the weather at GB and it's in the low 90's for the next few weeks, so I'm planning to go and camp there for a night or two before the end of the month.

Good Luck Karl,

Wish I could make it out, but already have trips planned for the next couple weekends out of state. Let us know how you did.

For the new guys, your best bet to finding anything would to go with an experienced person. You will learn more in 1 day, than if you took several trips by yourself in 1 year.

Roy: You kicked butt there last time...... congrats on your nice finds.

Dave.

Karl,

I want to go over there and check out my newly serviced 5000 but I think it is a bit hotter than you think. What days are you going?

I don't camp so I might stay in Meadview.

Mitchel

Mitchel...I haven't decided on a date yet, but am leaning on going the week of the 24th. Maybe Mon., Tues, Wed. Are you available then? If not, when? I'm somewhat flexible. I checked the weather in Meadview for the next 10 days...hot today, but low 90’s after that. GB is up pretty high.

Karl

Karl,

I could go at the end of this week or early next week. I'd spend one 'day' in Gold Basin getting there before sunrise and staying until it got too hot and perhaps do the same thing the next day at Franconia and back here. I want to get a trip in to No Cal also and that is more 'important' to me than GB so you tell me when you are going and I'll tell you if I will make it.

Mitchel

Mitchel,

I'll be able to firm this up later today, but tentatively now, I'm thinking of going to GB next Monday 6/17. I can't get there at dawn, probably arrive mid afternoon. If you got there early Tues. we could hook up for that day. More later today. If it's easier to go back and forth by email, my address is kjfarris@golfsculptures.com.

Karl

Karl,

That is a schedule to try for.

Mitchel

Ok Mitchel...I think we're set for next week. I was waiting to hear back from Fred Mason to see if he could join us one of those days. He and I have camped before, but not at GB. He says he can't make it this trip.

I still say I'll leave one day (Mon.or Tues.), arrive late afternoon, and you come early the next day. Do you want to do it Mon/Tues or Tues/Wed? I want to hunt the area where Dave Dolan recently found two good meteorites, as shown on his post. It's above Gladiola between Gregg's Hideout and Albacore. I could set up on Gladiola at about Bass St. and we could meet there and hunt to the North.

Let me know your ideas about all this.

Karl

Ok, Mitchel and Karl...you have my "secret" spots now find a meteorite...please!!!!

fred

Nothing would make me happier, Fred. I'll give it my best. (Still like to know where that heliport is).

Karl,

I know GB pretty well as far as the geography. I have been there many trips. I have even found some little meteorites and I think I can do better now with a more reliable 5000 newly serviced by Minelab for free.

I want to meet you at Gladiola and Greg's Hideout Road at or before dawn on Tuesday morning. We can take it from there. I'll show you the heliports (2 of them now) and a couple of the other roads and areas where Fred, Dave and others have found lots of meteorites and even some gold now and then. haha

Mitchel