Nugget Shooter Forums
Uncle Ron

Missed 3 weeks of beeping due to DUH!

Yo All...Well, I haven't been able to get out for the past 3 weeks because the last time I went I loaded my Honda 4x4 on the trailer at the end of the day and suddenly there was a puddle of oil under neath the rear end of the scooter ... When I got home I called my scooter mechanic Mark at Ripperz & Rollerz who was so loaded with work that I couldn't get in for 3 weeks ... So finally, today was the big day he could fit me in his schedule ... I hauled the scooter over to his place this morning and he came out to help unload and do a preliminary look see ... There was a good puddle of oil on the trailer and all over the rear axle ... It took him about a minute to diagnose the problem ... In the back cubby hole of the scooter, a container of oil I've been carrying for a couple of years had ruptured and leaked all over the rear end!!! Nothing wrong with the scooter ... DUH!!!! I wish I was a better mechanic!!!! :ROFL::th::2mo5pow::rolleyes::barnie: Cheers, Unc

Heck I was just getting back at it and now down for a long spell with torn up big toe, no boots for a month or so..... CRAP!

Oh boy.....I dont know if I would have posted that! :)
oh well, good to see others are human too.
I found out that a battery can be drained from a back window switch left in the on position....after chasing wires for 3 hours!
Bill, srry to hear about the toe. Bummer its the big one. That one gets used a lot.

Take it easy and heal up.

Tom

:25r30wi: Dude , that sucks man ...and the last three weeks have been so tolerable weather wise..... :inocent::4chsmu1:

Wow!! That is a hall of famer there Unc. :89:

Hey Cuz,

Better DUH than OH SHITE...I busted it!

Bill, sorry to hear about the toe. Those toe issues can be pretty painful and long lasting. Hope it

wasn't doing a Harley hot shoe corner wearing yer flip flops... I hate it when that happens...

Take care, friends...

Gary

Knowing what not to do (operate something that is leaking oil) takes more smarts than knowing what to do.

So, I'll bet the honey do list has vaporized.....l

Damm Good thing you had a honest guy checkin it out. :tisk-tisk:
Great that it was not the scooters fault.
Good Luck out there git that coil back on the ground Unc. :yesss:

Well, I spent the three weeks researching with GE and have picked out a big inside turn, good red/grey dirt contact on an upper bench with shallow bedrock just down wash from where I found a 1+ ozt nugget on a bench and a small handful of dwt +/- nuggets in the wash about 10 years ago ... So I can't wait to get back out ... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-78371400-1369796651_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-60075600-1369797541_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-78371400-1369796651_thumb.jpg

post-9-0-60075600-1369797541_thumb.jpg

Edited by Uncle Ron

I'm actually happy for you it could have been expensive

I am also sorry for the missed three weeks,

there's a lesson in there somewhere...

best wishes,

Heck I was just getting back at it and now down for a long spell with torn up big toe, no boots for a month or so..... CRAP!

Which foot was it Billy....I'll send you a pink flip-flop!!!!

Well, I spent the three weeks researching with GE and have picked out a big inside turn, good red/grey dirt contact on an upper bench with shallow bedrock just down wash from where I found a 1+ ozt nugget on a bench and a small handful of dwt +/- nuggets in the wash about 10 years ago ... So I can't wait to get back out ... Cheers, Unc

Ron:
With 10 years of monsoons and erosion....your gonna find some more! :)
GL to you. That sure is some nice gold!!!!
Tom H.

Just a heads up for those of you that don't use a bungee or hipstick to help hold up that 5000 with a large coil. I thought I was indestructible and didn't need one of THOSE things. Well I had the dreaded rotator cuff surgery on my detector arm in mid January. Now after 14 weeks of physical therapy, they said if I am careful, I can detect with a bungee for an hour or less until this fall. Then its a gradual rebuilding of my arms ability to detect a full day. Take care of your shoulders.THIS SUCKS

Unc...you don't have to be a mechanic to find the leak...just to fix it...

Highbanker... as a human to probably have a matching other side...it is not easy to switch but it is possible...hope you heal well and quickly!

fred

Hello Ron. I was sitting here chuckling about your oil issue, and then a few memories flashed into my mind that shut me up pretty darned quick......

Good luck with your new/old spot.

Patrick

great score there , you have a super spot for hunting