Nugget Shooter Forums

Well, you guys know how it is when you get a new toy or lover ... you want to use it as much as you can. My new toy is the 3030 so I went out for my second night in a row even tho I should have slept. The waves have been big, the beaches are washed away, the moon is full and it is a very low tide.

I got out of the car and walked down to the beach where I have been many times and started detecting and then I saw it.

A boat. It was an open boat with a new 115 HP engine on it. No one was around but it was full of bags. The bags are soft sidded luggage and there are at least 15 of them. I look around again and wondered ... no ... I don't know how to do anything with this so ...

I backed away and called 911 and shortly thereafter there are officers from Border Patrol, City Police, Los Angeles County Fire, harbor patrol, a helicopter overhead and the life guards! They are all looking at the boat I found. They put away their guns and just start making plans to process the boat.

A couple of them interviewed me to see if I had seen anyone. I ask them about the boat and they say it is millions worth of drugs! I don't know what drugs. And this was all found because of my 3030!

When I called 911 I asked them if I can keep the boat if no one claims it. haha They did not respond. So, I can't keep my biggest find. These guys are worse than the BLM!

Mitchel

post-26254-0-95398200-1369488601_thumb.j

post-26254-0-06868600-1369488606_thumb.j

post-26254-0-74646200-1369488608_thumb.j

post-26254-0-09351600-1369488612_thumb.j

post-26254-0-60104800-1369488614_thumb.j

post-26254-0-29116800-1369488617_thumb.j

Mitchell, Good call in getting away that thing and calling 911.

This could be a dangerous hobby. We have poisionous reptiles, killer bees, poisinous insects, bears, heat exhaustion/stroke, just to name a few. Now we can add drug smuggelers, both land and sea and flying windmill parts.

Happy hunting, Ed

Glad to hear your safe Mitch.....your encounter is one of the good reasons for CCW while prospecting not to

mention a good cell signal and strong battery.....

Here is the way it got reported:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Nearly-2000-Pounds-Pot-Found-Boat-Near-Manhattan-Beach-Pier-208944441.html

Now that is the version to the press but the two guys did not get very far. I was told to just move away from the area so I just went home.

Mitchel

Mitchel,

I would stay away from that area too, especially towards night fall. The risk is too high. Go back next year.

Paul

Sure hope you get the boat and motor, pangas are very cool

Mitchel,

I would stay away from that area too, especially towards night fall. The risk is too high. Go back next year.

Paul

Paul,

This can happen on every beach in Southern California! This particular beach is only 2 miles from LAX.

Mitchel