Nugget Shooter Forums

Folson or Clovis possibly OR ??

Heres some pics of a projectile point can anyone offer some educated facts / details to identify ??

One opinion I was given so far said, Folson, made from Jasper, and very nice specimin.

Looking foward to more info Thanks

post-562-0-77889300-1369342785_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-64880100-1369342808_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-13659400-1369342833_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-76440900-1369342853_thumb.jpg

post-562-0-54691200-1369342908_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't say Folsom or Clovis as it is not fluted. The hafting end is broken off of this corner notched projectile.

Well I did some research on the net and it seems not ALL Folsoms or Clovis points were fluted according to the "experts"

Edited by frank c

Hi Frank I have to agree with Inv on this one-its deffinately not a clovis tip and you can sort of see from your photos that the bottom of it was broken off where the actual shaft tied around it-nice find anyway :arrowheadsmiley: Mike C... :200:

Well I guess the guy that 1st looked at it wasn't that accurate with his opinion.
I questioned him about that rear area of the piece missing and he said thats the way they were made.
He had one similar to it years ago but not as good a condition as this one and he sold it.
Thats why I've posted it to try to get others opinions.
Thanks guys, one thing fer sure it has fantastic workmanship to it I appreciate seeing that.

Heres some pics of a projectile point can anyone offer some educated facts / details to identify ??

One opinion I was given so far said, Folson, made from Jasper, and very nice specimin.

Looking foward to more info Thanks

PaleoJim Could probably tell you a lot about this. Not sure he is here but he does lurk on Desertsunburn. He is certainly a top-cream of the crop knapper!

Jim