Nugget Shooter Forums

End of all Mining-No more Mining Law Protection

Date: May 21, 2013

Subject: All Public Lands are Gone Officially as of April 2013

To All concerned citizens,

What I have been conveying for the last year and a half has come true. The Obama Administration under executive order has registered on the Federal Registry, https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/04/30/2013-10087/segregation-of-lands-renewable-energy#h-8 that all public lands are to be taken out of the 1872 mining law and to give first right of refusal to the wind and solar industry for the next two years.

Any public lands that do not have an application, permit or plan of operation on it is GONE to the claim holder. If you want to voice an opinion you Must show up to this weeks BLM Steering Committee meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 pm 300 South Richmond Road Ridgecrest, CA 93555. They are going to go after private lands after this citing that they are not being used for anything. It is not a conspiracy theory it is now reality.

There will be a pre-meeting at Sleepy Bear Mine from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM with the Chairman of the Desert Advisory Council (DAC) and it will launch the new California Desert District Mining Coalition to start the fight.

Think about this. All club claims are gone, your dream of mining a claim is gone, you won't even be able to register a claim, the registered claim you currently have that is not operating as a commercial mine is gone,

UNLESS YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND FIGHT. IT STILL MIGHT BE TO LATE FOR MOST

THE TIME IS HERE TO PROTECT ALL THAT IS NEAR AND DEAR--STAND LIKE A MAN AND A PATRIOT OR SNIVEL IN THE GUTTER WITH THE REST--John

I found this,...

"Segregations under this rule do not affect valid existing rights in mining claims located before any such segregation,"

and this,...

"It only limits the location of mining claims after the segregation under this rule is announced and does not affect previously located claims."

Admitedly, I only scanned throuigh portions of the paper, but deeper scrutinly will no doubt reveal more details.

I gladly await responces from those more knowledgable than I.

Even if it doesn't apply to existing claims, it shuts the door for any new claims.

This is impossible under the Constitutionally protected checks and balances... like that ever stopped this turd and his herd, though.

I believe that the restrictions on new claims only applies to areas within the "segragation".

The ruling does open some options for shady gov't actions though. :old:

Wait,I thought that "segragation" was outlawed.

"Civil rights", ya know. :89:

This subject was posted on the GPAA forum as well.

I have communicated with Boxy off and on for several years on the subject of mining/gold prospecting under the Mining Laws, Boxy knows the Mining laws inside and out and has used these laws on more than one occasion to defend his actions in mining in courts of law and has never lost yet, he also has never hired a lawyer in any of the legal proceedings, this in itself tells of his knowledge of the Mining Laws, IMHO, as far as this subject goes I find it's non issue, judge for yourselves, but I tend to agree with Boxy that this is not anything to worry about any longer.

Since this was posted here, I have also talked to friend of mine that is into serious mining in California and he says the same, this is old news and nothing to worry about.

Here's what was said on the GPAA forum.

http://www.goldprospectors.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29543&title=this-could-be-the-end-of-mining-as-we-know-it

Topic started/posted by Jim Alaska.

"I have not verified this information personally, but it seems legit because it is in the federal register.

Jim

Date: May 21, 2013
Subject: All Public Lands are Gone Officially as of April 2013

To All concerned citizens,
What I have been conveying for the last year and a half has come true. The Obama Administration under executive order has registered on the Federal Registry,https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/04/30/2013-10087/segregation-of-lands-renewable-energy#h-8 that all public lands are to be taken out of the 1872 mining law and to give first right of refusal to the wind and solar industry for the next two years.
Any public lands that do not have an application, permit or plan of operation on it is GONE to the claim holder. If you want to voice an opinion you Must show up to this weeks BLM Steering Committee meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 pm 300 South Richmond Road Ridgecrest, CA 93555. They are going to go after private lands after this citing that they are not being used for anything. It is not a conspiracy theory it is now reality.
There will be a pre-meeting at Sleepy Bear Mine from 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM with the Chairman of the Desert Advisory Council (DAC) and it will launch the new California Desert District Mining Coalition to start the fight.

Think about this. All club claims are gone, your dream of mining a claim is gone, you won't even be able to register a claim, the registered claim you currently have that is not operating as a commercial mine is gone,
UNLESS YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY AND FIGHT. IT STILL MIGHT BE TO LATE FOR MOST––––

Regards,
Kirk MacKenzie
http://www.defendruralamerica.com/DRA/Home.html"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Boogie replied.

"This quote from the link sounds like it will only affect renewable energy. Anyone else agree?

"Segregations under this rule do not affect valid existing rights in mining claims located before any such segregation, and this rule does not allow the BLM to segregate lands covered by ROW applications for purposes other than wind or solar energy generation." "

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jim Alaska replied.

"The document also speaks to locatable minerals in the context that mining claims would have the potential to delay the solar or wind projects."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Boxy replied.

"Seems Mr MacKenzie is mistaken.

The Interim rule was adopted in December of 2011

The comment period ended on June 27, 2011. Way to late to be sending comments or complaining to the BLM.

You may have noticed that "all public lands" were not "taken out of the 1872 mining law" since 2011?

If you read the actual Federal Notice you would know that these segregations only apply to solar and wind generation lands and even then the segregation is only for a maximum of 2 years.

You might have also noticed that not only has your right to make a claim been intact since this was finalized in December of 2011 but that there are very few solar or wind farms being built.

Even if there were a solar or wind farm proposed it would be on flat land very near an electric grid. Hardly a huge threat to future mining claims and certainly not anything like "All club claims are gone, your dream of mining a claim is gone, you won't even be able to register a claim, the registered claim you currently have that is not operating as a commercial mine is gone" as Mr MacKenzie claims.

This is an old action buy the BLM, affects few and certainly does not amount to an emergency much less All Public Lands are Gone Officially as of April 2013.

Am I happy that a few more public lands may be closed to location for up to two years? NO.

Is this a detriment to prospectors.?
Possibly a few. Very few.

Is it the end of the 1872 Mining Law?
Get real - laws passed by Congress can not be repealed by the BLM or even the President. Only Congress can repeal a law and even then it must be an explicit repeal. Congressional laws can not be repealed by implication.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why this misinformation is being promoted just as the mining season begins in Mr MacKenzie's neighborhood. I find this sort of shock jock promotion to be an insult to miners.

We have bigger issues to resolve than a few potential flatland solar segregations.

I would ask Mr MacKenzie these simple questions.

How many acres have been segregated since 2011 under this ruling?
How many of those acres were mineral in character?
How many of those segregated mineral acres will pass back into locatable lands since those segragations expire 6 months from now?"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jim Alaska replied.

"Boxy,

This document specifies the following.

Lands segregated under this rule will not be subject to appropriation under the public land laws, including location under the Mining Law of 1872 (Mining Law), for up to two years from the date of publication of notice under this rule.

The actions to implement this were written in 2011 and were to take effect when published in the federal register. The document also says the following:

This rule is effective May 30, 2013.

It would seem that Mr. MacKenzie is correct. And by the way, he is on our side. If you read his website you will find much to show his dedication to miners and mining issues. He is not the enemy. And why the insinuation that he has some mystical ulterior motives here? Pretty presumptous of you in the light that you do not even know him.

Boxy, you said you would ask Mr MacKenzie these simple questions:

How many acres have been segregated since 2011 under this ruling?
How many of those acres were mineral in character?
How many of those segregated mineral acres will pass back into locatable lands since those segregations expire 6 months from now?

Why not ask him directly instead of posting them on a message forum?"

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Boxy replied.

Originally posted by Federal Register

Segregation of Lands--Renewable Energy

3 actions from April 26th, 2011 to December 2011

April 26th, 2011
Interim Final Rule
76 FR 23198

June 27th, 2011
Interim Final Rule Comment Period End

December 2011
Final Action

As published, the ITFR is effective April 26, 2011 through April 26, 2013. Today's action will replace the ITFR with this final rule on May 30, 2013.

As you noted Jim the rule was effective from the date of publication of notice.

The BLM published this as a final rule to take effect on May 30, 2013 because the Interim Final Rule was published on April 26, 2011 in the Federal Register and it expired on April 26th 2013. The content of the Interim Final Rule and the Final Rule are identical.

This is nothing new. It's the way Rules publishing is done in the Federal Register. It's part of the Federally mandated Due Process and timely Notice.

The rule has been in effect for nearly two years. Clearly the comment period ended on June 27th, 2011. Not next week.

I never wrote that Mr. MacKenzie was our enemy Jim. I did state how much I dislike the shock jock nature of his misstatements.

You read the Federal Notice Jim so please tell me where in there it stated, as Mr MaKenzie led us to believe:

Originally posted by Mr. MacKenzie

1. All Public Lands are Gone Officially as of April 2013

2. all public lands are to be taken out of the 1872 mining law

3. Any public lands that do not have an application, permit or plan of operation on it is GONE to the claim holder.

4. They are going to go after private lands after this citing that they are not being used for anything.

5. All club claims are gone, your dream of mining a claim is gone, you won't even be able to register a claim, the registered claim you currently have that is not operating as a commercial mine is gone.

I think with a little careful reading and reflection you will discover that none of those statements by Mr. MacKenzie are found anywhere in the Federal Register much less in the "Segregation of Lands--Renewable Energy" rule being discussed in this thread.

In fact all five of the above statements from Mr. MacKenzies enticement are demonstrably false. There is some other minor wordage in his flyer that might be construed as opinion but I think you will agree that the bulk of the content in his offer is contained in those 5 numbered statements.

I hope that answers your questions Jim.

I don't think "Mr. Mackenzie" even read the dang thing. :89:

I ain't the brightest bulb in the lamp, but I figured it out

after only a few minutes of scanning. :brows:

So,...

Rock on prospectors, rock on! :thumbsupanim

The The Segregation of Lands-Renewable Energy law might not sound like a bid deal. The BLM is trying to protect companies who are trying to get permits for wind and solar farms from having to fight extortionists who stake claims right on the same area and demand payment from the green energy companies that need to build on that land.

On the surface is sounds like a really harmless law, but there are a couple of things that are troubling about this law. The law allows the BLM to temporarily segregate from the operation of the Public land laws, public lands that lie within a pending wind or solar energy generation right-of-way (ROW) application - but here is the real catcher - or other public lands that the BLM identifies for potential future wind or solar energy generation. There is potential for abuse of this new law. I hope the BLM does the right thing, but the law gives too much power to the BLM.

Also the market hasn't chosen a winner and a loser, the government has stepped in and given the priority to green energy.

It's a little unnerving to see the government play more and more of a role in the economy. It didn't work in Russia, it won't work here. I wish we weren't headed down this path.

Gold Rush Expeditions

www.goldrushexpeditions.com

Edited by Goldrushexpeditions

long slippery slope to anarchy and acceleration into decline increasing expotentionally. Them multi billion bullet buys wasn't for shooting squirrels

post-23710-0-69647900-1370352174_thumb.j

• 3 months later...

1 man didn't do all this--look at the smoking gun as in BOTH HOUSES OF CONGRESS are the filthy worthless dogs who have cut our throats and by god don't forget that stinkn' foul Supreme Court cutting our throats too for the environutz sic sic sic sic sic. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals spilled our blood most righteously also this year as also posted here. -John