Nugget Shooter Forums

E-TRAC vs CTX

I went to the Minelab metal detecting day today in Santa Barbara. It was a good day to be there. We had three hunts and during those hunts I found quite a few silver coins, tokens, clads and raffle tickets. When it came time to announce the raffle they were giving away pointers, packs, kits and metal detectors. I won the second highest prize ... an E-Trac!!!!

I already have an Explorer SE Pro and a 5000 and I know the E-Trac is probably better than the SE Pro but it is used now. So my question is this:

Should I keep the E-Trac or sell it and get a CTX 3030? I could also try a dealer trade for my E-Trac and some cash for a 3030.

What does the forum say?

Mitchel

Mitchel, if you want the machine with the MOST OPTIONs get the 3030...otherwise....the devil you know is often better than the devil you don't know...

I went from an xterra-70 to the 3030-that is a huge leap in technology.

I doubt I will ever use many of the 3030's talents.

However, I am getting silver in a park that only occasionally gave it up with my other coin-detectors over the last several years...

I love my ctx3030!!!!

fred

• Like 3

Thanks Fred. You make it seem like I could sell the SE Pro and the new E-TRAC that I won and get the 3030 which is probably a good plan too. Then I would be like you. 5000/3030 Have you tried the 3030 on meteorites or gold?

Mitchel

Mitchel, no one wants to be like me...except me; and I have little choice in the matter!

Yes, you could get pretty close to a new ctx with the sale or trade of the other two...give Bill a call or email....

I have not done much with the ctx except coin hunting in the factory presets...or a little at the Dales as I mentioned previously...

fred

• 3 years later...
On 5/19/2013 at 0:30 PM, mn90403 said:

Thanks Fred. You make it seem like I could sell the SE Pro and the new E-TRAC that I won and get the 3030 which is probably a good plan too. Then I would be like you. 5000/3030 Have you tried the 3030 on meteorites or gold?

Mitchel

Did you get a chance to use the etrac? Have been leaning towards this for a coin and token machine.

Morlock,

What an old thread ... haha  (Just think how much older Fred is now than then!)

Well, I did use the E-Trac in a way ... had to use the coil from it on my SE Pro because the ears broke off the old coil.  As it turns out the E-Trac is in French so I have never used it.  If I would have tried as soon as I got it then I could have gotten an English replacement.

I did buy a new/used 3030 and it is my #1 machine now and my wife uses the SE Pro and will kick my ass with her finds.

Mitchel