Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fredmason

3030 hits more goodies

I found a 1916 Merc dime yesterday....it is either an s or d but not sure yet...again it was in an area I have been "over"....also found another wheaty and two junk rings...among the tabs and foil...

fred

Sounds like the 30-30 fits you well Fred and nice find! No Pic?

Thanks, Bill...nope it ain't that pretty and it is an S...dang, almost a real fine coin.

Went back to day with my Buddy that has a 3030...I found a merc, roosie, buffaloe nickel, 7 or 9 wheaties ...lots of clad and plenty of tabs...this machine is really rocking! My buddy found three silvers, some wheaties and clad...he won't and don't dig the low numbers...he was using that 6 inch coil. VERY IMPRESSIVE.

fred

Dang Fred I was really rooting for ya, was hoping for it to be a D mintmark, oh well at least it's silver!!

Does this mean yer done with the nugget huntin Fred ???

Good goin Fred!!

Yup, been hearing a lot of good things about the CTX 3030. Here is a good video of an experienced detectorist and what he thinks of the the CTX.

Thanks, guys...NO FRANKIE...nugget hunting is my first true love!!! no way can I stop! I wish I lived in the middle of gold country like you and Bill.

fred

Spa thanks for the "flash backs" of many years gone by.....watching vids like that gives me "happy feet"....

lots and lots of good memories with my son seeing who came home with the most coins..... :D

Just teasin Fred, I know you love huntn them nugs.

I found a 1916 Merc dime yesterday....it is either an s or d but not sure yet...again it was in an area I have been "over"....also found another wheaty and two junk rings...among the tabs and foil...

fred

Fred,

If you ever get a chance....

I'd like to know and actually see the 3030 in action separating targets. Specifically, nickels among pull tabs. And then pennies, zinc and copper among bottle tops. And then just about any kind of jewelry among typical trash found in a hunt.

I have not spent a lot of time looking around for a video that does this....but it would be real educational for me to see one.

Jim

Jim, my eldest son just moved to parker so I will be up that way from time to time...if you want to see the 3030 in action we could get together...but probably not until fall or winter...

I can tell you that the zinc pennies are very consistent, most bottle caps are multi-tone...I dig multitudes of tabs, tab-rings, tab tails and foil hoping it is something better-usually it is not...but one good gold ring will erase all the pain of past digging...

Please donot assume that I speak as any kind of expert...there are many setting and options that I have yet to try...and there are many people that know and understand this detector much better than I...ever will.

fred

Jim, Fred is definately a WORLD of knowledge. AND 1 of MY favorite people I have met thru the years detecting and prospecting.
I'm not taking anything away from him or any others using the 3030.
Just want to mention also that "Bunk" has and is becoming VERY capable in understanding and using the 3030.
And is a source of info for questions on it
Hopefully he will be posting some video tips soon on the internet.
Hapy Huntn to all.

Yesterday was an interesting day at the park...I worked the edge of the park next to the pavement...in addition to the usual junk I found four nickels. So what, you say...

Well one was a silver war nickel, one was a buffalo nickel, one was an old worn 1905 V nickel and one was a modern jefferson...never found all four types in one day before yesterday...also a Lady of Carmel pendant, and a small military button...several wheaties too...

exciting to me,but not worth much...or anything.

fred

found a 1945 washington quarter, a 1906 barber dime, 6 wheaties and the usual junk coins and trash yesterday...still no gold...dang it!

fred

Nice finds Fred, wishing ya up a gold ring from the big AZ.... :4chsmu1:

Yesterday, I went to my favorite park while the air was cool...found a 1913 Barber dime, a 1954 roosie and some wheaties...the usual coins, two junk jewellry and a boat load of tabs...still no gold!

fred

Good to hear your gettin out Fred.
Congrats on the silver an heres hopin ya git a "goldie" soon. Hapy Huntn

Dang Fred you are doing good with that 3030, is this the same "hunted out" park?

Yes, it it is, Bill...I was amazed again...both dimes were in areas that just should not still have good targets...and they were not deep either...

The rangers have fought for years to rid the park of rodents but they can't win that fight...and I assume the little buggers are the main reason why old coins keep rising to the surface...and the 3030 sees and processes targets way different...

the reason don't matter...the results speak for themselves...

I love my ctx toy!!!

I did literally dig a hand full of various tabs...like bullets they are a renewable "resource".

fred

Well yes they are renewable Fred so we never get skunked... After all we are metal detecting right :ROFL:

my buddy works spots where the tabs are rare as hens teeth...he thought nickels gave a distinct signal that was un-pulltab-ish...ha, ha,...did he learn different...

fred

Went out to "my" park today...1898 barber dime, an old turqoise/silver ear-ring and lots of tabs..............oh, where is that gold????

fred

Went out to "my" park today...1898 barber dime, an old turqoise/silver ear-ring and lots of tabs..............oh, where is that gold????

fred

It is patiently waiting for you to swing over it Fred :4chsmu1: Nice dime and don't you own a camera? :idunno:

Find something good Fred! Get me motivated! Went up to Bass Lake, but still pretty full, will wait a couple of months.