Nugget Shooter Forums

drywash or goldcube ?

Was on the hunt for a drywasher but now im not sure . I like that goldcube with a grizzely on top , im sure its much slower but its the real deal on recovery . So many peeps have panned out there cons from drywashing and had fly poop . would it be better , over all to haul water { 2 small barrels } and run slower or just get the big daddy dry washer ?

In my humble opinion, beside digging in a spot where gold is present, the key to getting more gold is to move more dirt. I know the more buckets I run through the 151, the more concentrates I will have to run through the Gold Cube. It's all about moving the dirt.

Hope this helps,

-Joe

Drywasher in everyway any and every day.Faster,easier,no water,no pumps, no goop from ungodly clay to try and deal with. -John

im really leaning on a 140 keene , but feeding a topper set up gold cube seems slower and easy . the 140 is more mobil for sure.

I have a cube and wouldn't trade it for anything, but in my opinion it belongs in the garage. I drywash and bring home cons and cube them.

just my 2 cents

Drywasher in everyway any and every day.Faster,easier,no water,no pumps, no goop from ungodly clay to try and deal with. -John

...This "Hoser" guy is really starting to makes sense!!! I agree 100%, and John is a water guy...so I'd take that advice!

I’m not quite sure where your from, but I agree with the above. The only thing I will add is that if you do get a dry washer, there will probably be several months a year where the soil is too wet to dry wash. In the Phoenix area, the soil gets too damp maybe November to March.

I use a recirculator during that time. That will add quite at least a hundred bucks for a good system with forty gallons of water running through it. A lot of time is also spent setting up demucking it. A recirculating system is the only way to run material during the winter after its cold and there’s some rains. When it gets to the 50’s, the ground just doesn’t dry like it does in the 100’s. You can lay your dirt out on a tarp, but even that can take several days to dry. The recirculating adds at least an hour and maybe two to the day for set up, clean up, and filling the water.

If you get away from your vehicle to prospect, hauling 40 gallons of water and all the setup becomes impossible. If this is the way you prospect a drywasher would be best. If you’re tied to the vehicle, a dry washer may be better except for a few months a year you can’t dry wash the damp soil.

Ok, Going to put some new thoughts up here and here they are...

If you going be in the desert then you need a drywasher to run large quantites.

But the question that come to mind is how do you You know your on gold ?

So your either going to have water to pan it or some other way to know where you are on the gold.

What you then need is enough water to pan it out a few times and a set of screens that will halp you to find the gold in your concentrate faters to known if your getting gold if possible. If you can remove the very small material and the very big material from you pan before you get it wet you can reduce some of the silt/dirt that will make the water totally mucky.

I'm not saying to do this to quantify how much gold your getting.. just to insure if your on gold.

After all you really do not want to select sites that are only micro gold or flour gold is you can help it.

If you can find sites that decent gold. and only pan out some of the material in the 1/8- to +20 you will be able to check if your on the gold and pan a little out to verify it. Thats the kind of material I got this last trip.

Granted that there may be more material and you want to do that at home. But You looking to get a fast and dirty way to see if your on the gold without needing a water truck to do so.