Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Ron

Red Racer vs. Rattler!!!

My Bro caught this action in his front yard a couple days ago ... Nom Nom Nom ... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-32063500-1368576376_thumb.jpg

That's pretty cool Ron...Never seen nor heard of that before now. Had the pleasure of encountering a Pink Tiger Rattlesnake recently...

Wow, that is cool Ron, I have had a million of those racers zip across my path. I even caught one once, the nasty bugger bit me, and drew a little blood.

Dave.

YAHOO as one less rattler to deal with,GREAT pic and thanx much for posting-John

• Like 2

WoW! New to me. I did not know they would eat a Rattler. I know King Snakes do. Gopher snakes seem to keep Rattler away but not sure why.

Cool picture!!

There are many snakes that eat other snakes, the list includes the King Cobra (not that we would want any King Cobras around!!), and of course all of the Kingsnakes (they have evolved to have a resistance to most viper venom), Eastern Indigo Snake, all of the Racer snakes, Coachwhips, Garter snakes, Ribbon snakes, and even the Coral snakes!!

To my knowledge only the Kinsnakes are the only ones to have any resistance to viper venom, all of the others just have to be quicker than the prey if it's a venomous snake that becomes their dinner!!!

Most snakes would eat other snakes. But like you said only King Snakes have the Immunity to Venom.

This reminds me of the time each year we had to repair the 10 miles of telephone line....only used for calling the Doc

(for house calls) or the vet (house call too).....in the crew were to brothers who were constancly fighting.....we were in

the middle of a hay meadow and one of the brothers found two King snakes coiled together.....as soon as he started

toward them the other brother took off running.....he didn't get far when the two snakes flying through the air wraped

around his neck.....I've never before or since seen someone have the come-aparts like he did....after he got the

snakes off his neck the a$$ whooping started.. :Just_Cuz_15: ..that was some fight until the men in the group broke them up.....

This reminds me of the time each year we had to repair the 10 miles of telephone line....only used for calling the Doc

(for house calls) or the vet (house call too).....in the crew were to brothers who were constancly fighting.....we were in

the middle of a hay meadow and one of the brothers found two King snakes coiled together.....as soon as he started

toward them the other brother took off running.....he didn't get far when the two snakes flying through the air wraped

around his neck.....I've never before or since seen someone have the come-aparts like he did....after he got the

snakes off his neck the a$$ whooping started.. :Just_Cuz_15: ..that was some fight until the men in the group broke them up.....

There's something to be said about "brotherly love"!!! :brows:

Those two boys were the Lefler bro.....Billy was the youngest don't remember the name of the other.......

across the dirt road from the school house (Rose Hill) was a one room "country store".....one day a

bunch of the local "good ole boys" were standing around "shootin the chit" aka tell lies when someone

told Billy he would buy the Pepsi's if he could "chug-a-lug" 10.....so Billy started with a "your on"....at # 9

he passed smooth out.....almost killed him....couldn't tell if it had any permanent damage....he never

was too swift anyway.....from that day on his new name was "PEPSI"....

With 7 boys livn' under 1 roof I have experienced this and MUCH more. The established peckn' order was always settled with a good ol'fashioned butt whupping. Constant oneupmanship going on. We tortured each other with red ants,bees and every prank(read dirty trick) imagineable-sure miss them days of "innocent fun" so young and dumb and fulla pissn' vineger-. John