Nugget Shooter Forums

I haven't been out prospecting or metal detecting in 2 to 3 years, been too busy at work, but I going out today to detect for some CW relics, they're widening a 2 lane highway to 4 lanes about 1/2 miles from my house, the area has been known for more than a few nice CW relics being found, I been wanting to get out there for last 4 to 5 weeks after the trees were removed for the project but work or being too tired has kept me from getting out there, they have already cover the best places I wanted to try with fill so anything there now is under 12" to 24" inches of dirt, but I'm going today tired or not to hit as much as I can before they put any more fill on the rest of the project, I maybe able to get another couple of more sundays after today in before all is covered with fill!!!

Well no CW relics today :tisk-tisk: , spend a few hours out there and only a .22 bullet and a few square nails and plenty of pieces of assorted wire, did find some really old style barbed wire but not much left after many years in the ground.

I tell you one thing though, a 40' to 50' wide by 4 miles path is a lot smaller when you're riding down the road and looking at it!!! :th:

I only covered a section about 100' long :olddude: , so only another 21020' left to go!! :th:

Well no CW relics today :tisk-tisk: , spend a few hours out there and only a .22 bullet and a few square nails and plenty of pieces of assorted wire, did find some really old style barbed wire but not much left after many years in the ground.

I tell you one thing though, a 40' to 50' wide by 4 miles path is a lot smaller when you're riding down the road and looking at it!!! :th:

I only covered a section about 100' long :olddude: , so only another 21020' left to go!! :th:

GO GETTEM TIGER....TAKE 3' STEPS AND YOUR FINISHED IN 7006.6 STEPS :yesss:

Only one bullet?

Must be the one spot in the south with such a claim.

Any strange muscles reminding you of their presence after such a long downtime?

Sherman's corduroy road beckons ...

Only one bullet?

Must be the one spot in the south with such a claim.

Any strange muscles reminding you of their presence after such a long downtime?

Sherman's corduroy road beckons ...

I think most of the modern targets that may have been in the ground was scraped up during removing the tree roots, the .22 caliber bullet was the only thing that was modern.

No problem with any muscles, I stay pretty fit due to the work I do, building, moving, lifting and carrying cabinets makes for a great workout, and I do that 6 days a week, I'm the lead cabinet installer for the custom cabinet company I work for, none of the guys in the shop like it when they have to be my helper and go into the field to do installs, they aren't used to lifting the cabinets much less carrying them 50 to 200 yards into a home and then up several flights of steps, in the shop they mostly slide them where they need to move them too, all of these guys are only half my age or younger and have trouble keeping up with my pace on the job site.