Nugget Shooter Forums

Falcon metal detector probe

I was wondering if any of you have used the small Falcon metal detector, it runs at 300 khz. Some use it for checking quartz for values. Although I already use a Lobo and a Minelab I thought this may be a good tool to check for gold in quartz to little to be detected by either one of those I have. Its also small and compact...all opinions are welcome.

I use one for a year or so.

Thought it was a peace of junk because it would alart on a Speck of Gold or Iron.

Sold the thing for half what I Paid for it.

\

Now I'm looking for another because I figured out it was seeing the etty bitty Bits.

If you tuned it right like a IB or BFO it would tell you what side.

I have a Schematic for one but don't think it is complete,

20 years old the Patent is history.

\

I would still like a Original to do Crevices and Cracks.

Gotta agree Homefire purt' near worthless. I'd like a TR unit so I could tune to ID for metal or mineral easily. Still lookn' and tryn' many but no go on small stuff under 1/4 gram "IN" the field. They air test ok but get'm out in the boonies and no go for what I want-John

I figured, I am just going to stick to my Lobo with Gary Hudsons mods...and the 5.7 inch coil to detect gold in quartz. I thought maybe the Falcon would be that :Wonder Machine" :ya: for checking for gold in quartz. Thanks fellas for you input, it helped me make up my mind..to not buy one.