Nugget Shooter Forums

My traditional yearly ritual,...

Each year, after the first trip out to the claim, it becomes very apparent time has

come for my yearly ritual that has become a tradition around here.

Patching of the hip waders. :worship:

I get out a tube of "Shoe Goo" and attack the numerous leaks.

I've gotten eight years out of this pair of waders. and there are more to come.

The seams or folds from how they were packed go first. The soles start to crack

after about 3 years but "SG" takes care of that too. For larger hoes or rips, fabric

from an old "T" shirt can be applied from the inside and glued in with "SG". Then

apply "SG" to the outside to complete the seal.

It only takes about 20 minutes at worst.

Have you priced hip waders lately? :WOW:

I'm gonna keep patchin' mine. :rasberry:

Same here.

Drag all the "camp" stuff out, dust off, clean up & get ready for another season.

Fire up 4 coleman duel fuel lanterns to insure they are 100%.

iwkler.jpg

Nothing in that picture younger than 50 years old.

Couple items go back to the 1920's.

33k5bg7.jpg

My camp stoves & grate

I have one of those half round pots too.

Mostly old cast iron. My wife won't let me take the Wagners, old Lodge or Grizwalds

to the claim though. :nono:

Only the new production Lodge and non name brand.

The way I cook it doesn't matter. As long as it's hot,

and lots of it. :arrowheadsmiley:

I pack along 1 large cast iron Dutch oven, mostly for baking biscuits, flat bread, skillet bread & the like. I can all sorts of “camp” food, ground meats, pork, beef, chicken, turkey, chunky stew, burrito filling mix, chunky spaghetti sauce & lots of other stick to your ribs grub. Easy to make a home cooked meal, with 1 quart of already prepared canned meat, just add rice, pasta, etc. Also pack along several types of home made dry soup mix.

One of my favorites at “camp” is “hash”. Good for any meal, any time of the day. Simply fry potatoes, onions, cabbage, bell peppers & add a quart of canned ground meat. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I don’t know about you-all, but I sure work up a hunger out there. I guess it’s the fresh air, getting to bed at dark, getting up before light & working my ass off all day.

308fyab.jpg

I recently got a 10 drawer dehydrator and have been shriveling up lots of good stuff, vacuum pack it and I have some good stuff to take out in the field. We also do a bunch of canning. Makes for easy meals

I pack along 1 large cast iron Dutch oven, mostly for baking biscuits, flat bread, skillet bread & the like. I can all sorts of “camp” food, ground meats, pork, beef, chicken, turkey, chunky stew, burrito filling mix, chunky spaghetti sauce & lots of other stick to your ribs grub. Easy to make a home cooked meal, with 1 quart of already prepared canned meat, just add rice, pasta, etc. Also pack along several types of home made dry soup mix.

One of my favorites at “camp” is “hash”. Good for any meal, any time of the day. Simply fry potatoes, onions, cabbage, bell peppers & add a quart of canned ground meat. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I don’t know about you-all, but I sure work up a hunger out there. I guess it’s the fresh air, getting to bed at dark, getting up before light & working my ass off all day.

308fyab.jpg

EM this pic reminds me of our pantry when I was growing up on the farm in Okla......we put up shelves after shelve of

canned goods every year.....all out of our garden....then out back we had a big walk in smoke house full of beef and

pork to last all winter.....dam now I'm starving!!!!

How good you guys have got it.

I was very surprised at how little -- as in none--- preserving people do here. Next time I bite the bullet on a cargo box I think it will include mason jars and canning supplies.

On a social-eco note; it does explain why the tropical countries tend to have their populace go bat sh*t crazy when they hit a bump. They've prepared for nothin' and when the Gumit don't deliver it is all by hook or crook. Crook being the more natural mindset.

Miss the late summer routine with the mason jars--- and they were the container of choice for white lightn'

Edited by MacGump

There's a fella here that needs to post his jerky recipe-some of the best I've ever had.

The wife and I have been raising, growing a nd preserving a lot of our food the last couple of years. We know what's in it, What isn't in it and just in case the weirdness gets weirder.

There's a fella here that needs to post his jerky recipe-some of the best I've ever had.

The wife and I have been raising, growing a nd preserving a lot of our food the last couple of years. We know what's in it, What isn't in it and just in case the weirdness gets weirder.

OH YEAH I am always looking for a new good Jerky recipe....

Yup. I'll invite him to my favorite patch if he brings more jerky. I won't mention any names but think of a model of Cadillac.

Bill- You could consider banning him from the forum until he produces the recipe.

Miss the late summer routine with the mason jars--- and they were the container of choice for white lightn'

You can convert a All American 925, 931 or 941 pressure cooker into a POT STILL with a couple simple fittings.

Makes 100 proof white lightn easy.

Will last several generations as a pressure cooker & pot still, if cared for.

My All American 941 was made in 1965, has seen heavy use & still functions as good as new.

Yup. I'll invite him to my favorite patch if he brings more jerky. I won't mention any names but think of a model of Cadillac.

Bill- You could consider banning him from the forum until he produces the recipe.

klunker just drive up to his house and haul out of the truck a keg of beer.....beer and jerky :droolin::droolin: works every time.....

OH YEAH I am always looking for a new good Jerky recipe....

My beef jerky marinade

(proportioned to your tastes)

Worcestershire sauce

Soy sauce

Honey

Teriyaki sauce or marinade

Southern Comfort or Jack Daniels whiskey

Liquid smoke (if not using the smoker)

Onion powder (not onion salt)

Red pepper flakes ground to powder

Black pepper

My beef jerky marinade

(proportioned to your tastes)

Worcestershire sauce

Soy sauce

Honey

Teriyaki sauce or marinade

Southern Comfort or Jack Daniels whiskey

Liquid smoke (if not using the smoker)

Onion powder (not onion salt)

Red pepper flakes ground to powder

Black pepper

EM just reading that receipt got me to craving a beer....thanks for the encouragement.... :yesss: