Nugget Shooter Forums

ez sluice

Icaman_713

a very good reason why I bought it over a steel one, what angle are you running it at am having a tough time with the pebbles and sometimes larger stuff getting stuck in the riffles, could be a water flow problem not sure, Im running it here at the house on a stand that I built ill post pictures when I take some in a day or two.

thanks for the info

Edited by Icaman_713

Iceman..its a great sluice...its tough and I always put a flat rock on top so it stays in place. Not sure if you have the flare on, if you bought it with out the flare..you should get one. It directs more volume of water and works much better. I always classify my material through a 1/4 inch classifier in a 5 gallon bucket..than slowly feed the sluice with a small shovel..good luck ! its a great product.

• 2 weeks later...

They are a great sluice. You might just need more water pressure, or smoother flow. I tried using a hose when I first got into this hobby, and lost a lot-o-AU. The angle you'll need will depend on the amount of flow you have. Play around with it for a while.... You'll get it!

I have it setup to be adjustable water flow on this contraption I built, fed by a 1500 gallon per hour sump pump so I dont think flow will be an issue thanks for the information guys

here are some images of My little device as well as a good reason to always go through your concentrates after you have panned them

Looks like it's working :thumbsupanim I like the creativity! The EZ sluice was my first, and I love it. It has more rib board than moss, and that seems to work good for the gold in our area. What part of WA are you in?