Nugget Shooter Forums

Arizona dirt

Icaman_713

so here's the deal is Arizona rich in black sands or something?My folks brought back a 5 gallon bucket of dirt for Me since they were down there, dont know where it is from but it is loaded with black sands im figuring in a single cup theres probably a quarter cup and then some of black sands, is this normal?

In many places yes..... You can dig most places on my property and find loads in every pan along with some very fine gold as well. It is a very common occurrence in much of the mineralized ground you will find in our state.

Even along the shoreline, there's loads of the stuff that has been washing up for millennia after millennia. I even brought a bucket / classifier and pan to see if anything was in it. There was, but I could barely see it...WITH GLASSES! So yes, there is an abundance of black sand in AZ...too bad no one's paying anything for it. Same applies to quartz! So many times I have come upon a hillside literally littered with quartz and found absoultely no gold along the crease where the hillside meets the wash or in the wash itself.

Checkout my blog: http://www.lakehavasugold.com

Edited by Desertman50

The man who built my drywasher and sold it to me, always goes out with new customers to show them how to use the new drywashers. Last time I was in his store getting parts he told me the last customer wanted a demonstration but didn't want to drive all the way to the hills and his claim for it. The shop owner said he had a bucket of dirt from Arizona that had been sitting around for about three years. So they ran less than a 5 gallon bucket for a demonstration. There was over three grams of gold in the bucket. That really made me want to move to AZ!