Nugget Shooter Forums

Desparation Prospecting

Sonoran Dave

2013-04-21131605_zpscb6507c4.jpg

2013-04-21151241_zps9fd70353.jpg

You can see by the last pic, how much snow we still have to deal with!

We managed to reach the river...with the help of snowshoes :th: Got a few shovelfuls through the sluice. Then my shovel handle broke. Alaskan James was so desparate, he braved the 32 degree meltwater up to his shoulder. After a couple tries of that, that plan was quickly abandoned.

Our massive take :tisk-tisk:

2013-04-24111814_zps039b4816.jpg

After a long winter, it was still good to get the heck out of the house :arrowheadsmiley:

AD I have to disagree with desperate..... for sure INSANE.....I can just see every time you pass in front of that Jeep you

give that Arizona tag a pat and kiss....how far is that from the house? and a log in the fire place?

I like the way you have your Hi-Lift mounted....did the mounting brackets come from Hi-Lift?

Nope don't like that white stuff at all and for sure not water colder than iced tea!!!!

There was a time when I would have joined right in.

Now, I'll just be waitin' for ya at the cabin.

I'll keep the fire goin'. :brows:

SP while you keep the fire warm I'll put on a pot of coffee....then we can stay warm sipping coffee and telling lies....

AD I have to disagree with desperate..... for sure INSANE.....I can just see every time you pass in front of that Jeep you

give that Arizona tag a pat and kiss....how far is that from the house? and a log in the fire place?

I like the way you have your Hi-Lift mounted....did the mounting brackets come from Hi-Lift?

Nope don't like that white stuff at all and for sure not water colder than iced tea!!!!

Think I got those mounts from 4Wheel parts.

Insane is probably correct! :ROFL:

I put that plate on the Jeep to remind me of a better place. Just lost my job...so might be looking to move as soon as my claims sell, and we have some traveling money.

There was a time when I would have joined right in.

Now, I'll just be waitin' for ya at the cabin.

I'll keep the fire goin'. :brows:

Thanks SP...smart man.

SP while you keep the fire warm I'll put on a pot of coffee....then we can stay warm sipping coffee and telling lies....

Play chess?

I'll bring my set.

Or,...cribbage?

Dave can play the winner when he gets thawed out. :25r30wi:

Did someone say ... cribbage, hot coffee and a wood fire? ... am I back east in my hunting cabin in Maine? ... I miss that place! But then the warmth here in AZ is nice too! :4chsmu1::old:

Mike F

Edited by Mike Furness

Did someone say ... cribbage, hot coffee and a wood fire? ... am I back east in my hunting cabin in Maine? ... I miss that place! But then the warmth here in AZ is nice too! :4chsmu1::old:

Mike F

T'ain't jus back East, that was almost a way of life growin' up in a high Sierra Mt. community. (That was in N/E Kalif.)

An' Venison mince meat pie to go with the coffee. :yesss::thumbsupanim

a fire, cribbage and venison? I'm there :4chsmu1:

Good luck Dave , sell out an head south bud.

Workin' on it Frank. Flippin tired of the looooooooong cold winters. The main reason I stayed through this winter was my job. Now that is gone by the wayside, there really is not much excuse to remain.

Dave, as much as I hate that white stuff all around you, the picture of that sluice sitting there makes me think...yea I'd do it for a day. :worship:

By the way how is the Arctic Z girl doing these days...hopefully pain free and fixed up like new. :thumbsupanim

Edited by Bucket

Steel Pan ... my mother used to make the best venison mince meat pie ... I willingly volunteered to get all the meat from the deer neck for her! You had to meticulously get all the sinews, veins, extra tissues/membranes that wasn't red meat and what little fat there was out of the meat so that it was just clean red meat ... fortunately she wrote her recipe down and my brother has archived it for all of us to use. In fact the last true venison mince pie was cookies he made ... delicious! And you are right ... the perfect compliment to a good hot cup of coffee ... it does slow the cribbage game down a bit though! :)

Mike F

Hey Mike,...

You, Me, = livin' large Bro! :thumbsupanim

My G-ma would make up the pies and yes, mice meat cookies (took them fishin :yesss: ).

(donuts too, but that's another story)

G-pa got the deer and did the butchering.

Me, I just reaped the benifits. :brows:

Been there, done that. I'm waiting for 'break up' so I can go 'dirt fishing' until the salmon start to run. Safe Journey down the ALCAN Arctic Dave :old:

Been there done that in N. Cali.... After sluicing each 5 gal bucket bank run, I'd reward my self with a long pull on the Southern Comfort bottle while humming old Janis Joplin songs ... Great antifreeze... When the 5th was empty, that was it for the day.... Long time ago! ... Cheers, Unc

Dave, as much as I hate that white stuff all around you, the picture of that sluice sitting there makes me think...yea I'd do it for a day. :worship:

By the way how is the Arctic Z girl doing these days...hopefully pain free and fixed up like new. :thumbsupanim

It was 45 degrees so it wasn't that bad. Heck I was comfortable working in a t-shirt!

Thanks for asking about her Bucket. Unfortunately she has not shown any improvement. Several visits to a chiropractor have failed to yeild much in the way of results.

Been there, done that. I'm waiting for 'break up' so I can go 'dirt fishing' until the salmon start to run. Safe Journey down the ALCAN Arctic Dave :old:

Thanks! Waiting for summer too. We wont head down the road until fall. So got some time to play in the dirt for awhile.

I can't deal with the WHITE DEVEL

Me neither....