Nugget Shooter Forums

Normally I use Photobucket to post up pics but I have a question.

If I use Photobucket and delete a photo from their site the posted pics disapear.

I'd like to be able to delete/change pics from my Photobucket albums but I don't

want to lose posted pics.

When using the "image" option for posting pics, what would I use as

a URL to post directly from my 'puter?

Yes if you used the IMG Code to link the photo.

Photo bucket are Azz Holes as of late changing the whole system.

Done Messed with my head and made me mad.

Edited by homefire

Normally I use Photobucket to post up pics but I have a question.

If I use Photobucket and delete a photo from their site the posted pics disapear.

I'd like to be able to delete/change pics from my Photobucket albums but I don't

want to lose posted pics.

When using the "image" option for posting pics, what would I use as

a URL to post directly from my 'puter?

When creating a topic and posting a photo that is on your computer you will not use the "Image" icon that is above the text box in the "Tools" options, what you need to do is click on the "Choose File" button below the reply/text box which is below the "Attach Files" heading, then in the popup window from your computer find the photo file/picture on your computer and left double click on it, then click on the "Attach This File" button below the Choose File button, you should see a little window above the "Attach Files" heading with the photo/picture file you uploaded with 2 option to the right of the file, "Add to Post" and "Delete", after typing your descriptive text in your post for that photo then click the "Add to Post" option for that attachment, if you upload another photo type the next set of descriptive text and then add the photo/attachment that corresponds to that text.

If you don't click on the "Add to Post" for any of the attachments you uploaded after the descriptive text, all of the attachments/photos will be at the end of your post when you submit the post/topic/reply.

A photo can be attached/added at any place in your topic/reply, before your text, after your text, etc., it may take a little experimenting before you get the hang of it, or you can get lucky and get it right the first time.

If you're replying to a topic you'll have to click on the "More Reply Options" at the bottom right of the reply box to see the attachments options, then proceed as above to attach your photo/s.

That being said, usually only 3 photos can be attached in any post/reply on this forum, if you attach more that 3 in a single post you may have to delete all but 3 for the post to go through, if you need to attach more than 3 photos, you will need to reply to your own topic or reply again to someone elses topic/reply.

The plus side of using Photobucket for you and the forum is that you can post a unlimited number of photos in a single post, because it doesn't use any of the bandwidth/storage on the server for this forum, the bandwidth/storage usage on the server is why the 3 uploaded/ attached photo limit in a single post.

If you have any trouble or need any more help with this, just ask in this topic.

I'll try it when I get a couple of million more brain cells.....just reading all of that gave me a headache....WHEW....

just 5 hrs and 15 min. till 1700 (5:00 PM for civilians)......beer time....

Steel Pan.....ATF would be a better service if they were a "bait shop".....

Well yesterday afternoon I spent most of it putting my Fotobucket pics in Albums.....big friggin mistake.....now all

my pics I have posted says "moved"....guess it'l take me the next six months bringing them back..... :tisk-tisk:

Well yesterday afternoon I spent most of it putting my Fotobucket pics in Albums.....big friggin mistake.....now all

my pics I have posted says "moved"....guess it'l take me the next six months bringing them back..... :tisk-tisk:

I was wondering what you were doing, hmmm post a photo then remove it from Photobucket!! :idunno::4chsmu1:

I'll try it when I get a couple of million more brain cells.....just reading all of that gave me a headache....WHEW....

just 5 hrs and 15 min. till 1700 (5:00 PM for civilians)......beer time....

Steel Pan.....ATF would be a better service if they were a "bait shop".....

Most places I frequent that sell alcohol and tobacco, also sell bait. Some places sell ammo too, just not firearms. :cry2:

I was wondering what you were doing, hmmm post a photo then remove it from Photobucket!! :idunno::4chsmu1:

I didn't realize that putting my pics in albums would take them out of the forum......glad to see you were paying

attention Skip....Fotobucket 101....

I didn't realize that putting my pics in albums would take them out of the forum......glad to see you were paying

attention Skip....Fotobucket 101....

What happens Don is that when you move them into an album, it changes the URL/link to the photos.

I guess I need to put the pics in a album before posting them.....would that work out ok?

As long as you don't do anything with the photos after posting them, resizing, moving or deleting them, etc. they will be where you posted them until you or Photobucket does something to change the link.

The only thing that Photobucket could do to change the link is if the account is closed, or they delete your account for whatever reason that would happen, as long as you don't delete your account all should be good, I have photos that have been on some forums for 5 or 6 years now with no issues.

Most places I frequent that sell alcohol and tobacco, also sell bait. Some places sell ammo too, just not firearms. :cry2:

Hey SP, oh ya, he sells guns alright, but only to TRUSTED friends, you need to become a trusted friend of that storekeep, then he'll take in the back room and sell ya that gun. :brows: