Nugget Shooter Forums

RC PLANES

azdigger

Well I got me my first RC plane , now if the wind will dies down some so I can play.

I have never flown one before. I got a Hobbyzone Champ. it is said to be for beginers.....time will tell.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rick I hope your first flight goes better than mine did when I was showing my son how it's done.....that

sucker took off.....went straight up.....then back over my head and hit the dirt....super glue didn't help...

Let me know when your ready!

A have a 3lb and 20lb Pulse Jet you can strap on that puppy! LOL

Let me know when your ready!

A have a 3lb and 20lb Pulse Jet you can strap on that puppy! LOL

MAN, I don't think I would have enough faith in that vise to have that jet pointed at the propane tank, what is that guy thinking!!!! :89:

LOL! They do make good snow blowers. Loud. Think of a 12 gauge going off 23o time a Second.

I did the same thing several months ago. Got a Blitz Skysurfer and crashed the heck out of it :grr01: . It takes a long time to learn that stuff, and I threw all my stuff away after the last crash. Guess I will stick with drywashing and detecting :head: Colorado Bob flies a lot I think...

MAN, I don't think I would have enough faith in that vise to have that jet pointed at the propane tank, what is that guy thinking!!!! :89:

My thoughts exactly Skip....

RCs are akin to owning a boat as ya'd be better off jus' diggn' a hole and thrown' your cash in it with some gas....had planes,cars,trucks,boats float planes and WOW :cry2: expensive hobby. John

RCs are akin to owning a boat as ya'd be better off jus' diggn' a hole and thrown' your cash in it with some gas....had planes,cars,trucks,boats float planes and WOW :cry2: expensive hobby. John

I agree, I used to race RC cars, I had 2 cars and over $2000+ invested, not to mention the time and gas spend going to compete at racing events.

Took the plane for my first ever flight.

Kept it in the air for about 2 min then a gust of wind brought it down, not hard but down.

Flew it a few more times before the wind got to be too much.

Well, nothing is broke so I must be doing good.

I was thinking of installing a mini cam on the plane :ROFL:

Well I decided to get a bigger plane, my "Champ" is a 20" wingspan so I am getting a Hobbyzone Glasiar Sportsman with a 55" wingspan.

flys better in a little breeze and has ailerons and a 4 ch radio. Also includes a Virtual Trainer built in.

Waiting for it to get here now.

LOL Rick ... And the money pit only deepens and requires greater service in the form of dollars! Rocket planes are next!

Mike F

G'Day Guys,

You've got me beat. darn, the first official flight in our family was from my dad. He was crushed by an international harvester's truck that was loaded with steel pipes but apparently no brakes which eventuated in to 6 months of being bed ridden. So I gave him the plans for a frog. The blueprints, the balsa wood and he constructed one magnificent piece and by the way it was the biggest rubber band I've seen in my life to propel this. It failed on the first attempt. Hey, but it was all fun.

My first actually propelled aircraft I was tethered to 2 lines and walking around in circles getting dizzy. Hell, I'm showing my age now. But I've always been a fanatic on egg beaters. Maybe, just maybe when the time comes, I can finally fly an RC helicopter. I'm addicted to them but I just can't afford them.

But you guys have so much fun with these RC units. I'm jealous. Have fun and enjoy life

Cheers

Johnno

My brother had one of those tethered planes. I crashed the living not out of it in a parking lot and broke the motor in half.

Thank God I could run faster than him. Sucks that he was my ride home, though. Was one helluva long walk...

Archived