Nugget Shooter Forums

Golden Saturday...

adam

Made a quick trip to a local spot with a couple friends. They were drywashing, and finding good color :brows: The sun was shining down on me quite literally, and wouldn't you know it... I managed to squeak out a nugget just before O`dark thirty.... :head:

3.8 grams or so :yesss:

DSC05733_zps9acde1ed.jpg

• Like 1

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Thats a nice nug you got Adam. :)

Im still trying to wash off the stench of a skunk from today :)

Glad you got that...its a beaut!

Tom H.

Edited by TomH

Funny you say that Ron,

I knew this target was going to be trash right from the get go. I stopped by a bench that had given up a few nugs in the past. I and others have beeped this bench at least a couple of times, but some flooding had changed things a little however, nothing to dramatic. Anyway, I come up on the bench and get this banging signal, trash for sure, as it was at least a foot to bedrock. Start digging 6-7 inches down still in the overburden ,and its out... trash for sure ...sorted it out with the scoop, and just about fell over when the gold tinted weight hit my palm..... :yesss: I was floored to say the least

I guess there is a lesson in there somewhere...

Edited by adam

Funny you say that Ron,

I knew this target was going to be trash right from the get go. I stopped by a bench that had given up a few nugs in the past. I and others have beeped this bench at least a couple of times, but some flooding had changed things a little however, nothing to dramatic. Anyway, I come up on the bench and get this banging signal, trash for sure, as it was at least a foot to bedrock. Start digging 6-7 inches down still in the overburden ,and its out... trash for sure ...sorted it out with the scoop, and just about fell over when the gold tinted weight hit my palm..... :yesss: I was floored to say the least

IF IT BEEPS....DIG IT!!!!!

Yah...A 5000 would have found it months ago :P

Hah!!!! My turn :)

I got one like that last Sept. It was in a washed up area on the side of the bank

just screaming...moved a couple of inches of gravel and it was out. I knew it was a piece of

tin.....but it turned out to be a nice flat nug.

GL out there

Tom H.

I guess there is a lesson in there somewhere... Yah...A 5000 would have found it months ago :P Hah!!!! My turn :) I got one like that last Sept. It was in a washed up area on the side of the bank just screaming...moved a couple of inches of gravel and it was out. I knew it was a piece of tin.....but it turned out to be a nice flat nug. GL out there Tom H.

Ha ha Tom, that 500 or 5000 that you have couldn't hear a 1 grammer in blow sand at 6 inches ...Stick to drywashing ! :D We need to get together again for a hunt man.... :head:

Ha ha Tom, that 500 or 5000 that you have couldn't hear a 1 grammer in blow sand at 6 inches ...Stick to drywashing ! :D We need to get together again for a hunt man.... :head:

Ill leave those "small" ones for you :P

Tom

Here's a suggestion. Since you have such a short mining season, dig up the lawn, replace it with pretty rocks and spend your time prospecting instead of mowing.

We're about a month ahead of normal for snow melt here.