Nugget Shooter Forums

Roach Dry Lake Find

Hey Everyone,

I Got out today with Richard Garcia (kgmrg), we searched Roach Dry Lake Bed, which is located right next to Primm, NV. This is a hard hit area, and getting real difficult to find anything there nowadays. For the whole day I found only one 6.38 gram meteorite. The grasshoppers are out in full effect, and weather is getting warm.

Dave

post-1046-0-56491200-1365819054_thumb.jp

post-1046-0-76614500-1365819063_thumb.jp

Aloha guys,

As you all may guess by now Dave seems to either be in tune with the desert or is one lucky dude. Either way he seems to always walk away with something very nice.

Nice find for a "hunted out" area. :yesss:

Aloha and stay safe.

Stan aka Kaimi

Thanks everyone,

Adam- Meteorite hunting gets addicting, back in 2004, at one of Bills outings at Gold Basin, I caught the fever, while nuggetshooting, having 2 fever's you never get any sleep. I need to get back to doing some nuggetshooting again, as you have been cleaning up out there, congrats....

Steve- Its an H Class, and just snaps to the magnet. Hearing an H class snap to a magnet, is like no other feeling or sound compared to leaverites, except for those really black ones.... but there is no comparison in the appearance.

Stan- Next weekend were going to Gold Basin, and not coming out of there unless we have 200-500+ grammers.

Dave

Aloha Dave,

Got your PM and am soooooo ready to hit gold basin my teeth and joints hurt. :4chsmu1:

Will give you a call on Thursday to firm up plans with you guys. Looking forward to "seeing" :200: both you and Richard once again. Yes, even my doctor says I have an attitude about my vision loss that kind of throws him for a loop each time I visit him. Looks and feels like my brain is re-wiring itself and some of my vision has been coming back slowly. Gotta think that my attitude has something to do with it. :grr01::grr01:

Aloha and stay well,

Stan aka Kaimi

Aloha Guys,

Thanks for the comments guys. I have always tried to stay positive no matter the occasion. Looking forward to this weekend with Dave and Richard out at Gold Basin.

Aloha and stay well,

Stan aka Kaimi

Holy Crud,

I just saw a Roach Dry Lake Meteorite on Ebay sell for $17.38 for a .082 gram meteorite :nutty: , so a 1 gram meteorite would be worth over $217 , now compare that to gold !!!!! Man there should be a meteorite rush to Roach Dry Lake Bed..... :arrowheadsmiley:

Dave

http://www.ebay.com/itm/082-grams-Roach-Dry-Lake-013-Nevada-Class-H5-METEORITE-fragment-TKW-22-4-grams-/200879907922?ViewItem=&item=200879907922&nma=true&si=4KX56q7JAS7hh4XkNrBVU1WlMlA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557