Nugget Shooter Forums

best way to seperate gold from black sands/brown sands

Icaman_713

I tried that Georgia Swirl trick the yesterday on a a small vial of drywashed gold that still had a few pieces of black sand in it. It workded great. No more black sand in the vial.

Mike F

I like...

Seems like he used a awful lot of jet dry? Dang that stuff is expensive, and pisses off the boss if I use all hers up :4chsmu1: I personally would never put dry material in a wet sluice, and brushing material around with your hands introduces oil and is usually not good for collecting minus 100 gold. JHMO

When using Jet-Dry or dish soap for that matter only a couple drops are needed. The purpose is to break the surface tension of the water so that there isn't any support for the potential floaters ... It is not to make a bubble bath for the gold. I think some of the demos that you see or a bit over done. JMHO!

Mike F

thanks for the information guys like I said in response to the blue bowl comment, at the moment im not able to get out prospecting enough to get anything that is relatively expensive for cleanups, I have an eezee sluice and a couple of pans so as you can tell im pretty darned small scale lol.

The Black Magic is pretty thirsty for jet dry but does get the gold. I use about a quarter cup of jet dry to pre-treat the rubber finish on it each time I use it. If there is not enough jet dry, the water does not flow smoothly over the rubber finish.

The black magic is also called a miller table. It can be built using a flat piece of wood or aluminum 6" wide by 18" long topped with chalkboard paint. For water flow, the cheapest bilge pump Wal Mart Sells will do. Add a piece of tubing, something to regulate the flow, and PVC pipe with holes, and that's all there is to it. Someone recently claimed on the GPAA site he built one for $25. I am not very handy and I usually spend more for a self build project than I would have if I had went out and bought it.