Nugget Shooter Forums

drywashing then dredging

Well I had extremely good 2 week trip in the hills. Had a great time running the 151 ran 333 buckets in 8 days . Some of that time was spent at always fun Handstacking Nationals. Total was lower than average at 11.1 grams. Was able to meet up with my pops for 6 days with a 3inch dredge. Pops was nice enough to let me o keep all the largest pieces. My share was 29.6 grams pops ended up around 23 grams.

post-1498-0-77656200-1365475800_thumb.jp

:th: 333 buckets for 11 grams OUCH :Diggin_a_hole: tooooooooo much work and too little for this ol'man but let me jump in with ANY dredge anywhere and I'm in at sunup and out just before dark as nuttn' finer or more productive. Nice lookn' gold,gettn' me some today,can't say how as I'm forced by circumstance to live in kalif but :4chsmu1: John

Ok love dredging but have never dry washed....so here's my question.....if you took those same 333 buckets of dirt

and dumped them in front of your dredge and then ran them through.....what would recover more gold....the dredge

or the dry washer?....

Ok love dredging but have never dry washed....so here's my question.....if you took those same 333 buckets of dirt

and dumped them in front of your dredge and then ran them through.....what would recover more gold....the dredge

or the dry washer?....

I will say the dredge, wet always beats dry, but the problem is that there isn't any water where you have to use a drywasher!!

Garimpo this drywasher area is so loaded with heavy black sands and most of the gold is fluffy and course that wet methods would be extremely ineffective. Just panning this stuff is a nightmare. Drywasher gets great recovery probably upper 90% recovery I have ran my tailings many times one run is enough.

well I did the math....23 grams.

if gold is 1600 an ounce 1600/31.1=$51.44 a gram

23 grams is 23x51.44=$1183.12

Lets assume bad term but say 80% gold. 1183X.8=$946.4.

$946/333=$2.48.

I used slighty different numbers this afternoon because I looked at a different sit to get numbers and I did drop the decimals...

But still It seems to come out to $2 a bucket at least and I am just talking about the part he drywashed....

All depends on the style of drywasher really as a offset elliptical constant flow is fantastic,95% recovery run right, but with even my lil'ol' tinker toy 4" I'd process them buckets in about a hour or so easily. My over under,flared header would get a tad more gold ,maybe 2-3% but VOLUME is my thang as the more ya move the more ys get. Bottom line is always my goal-John

Dang BD....

WTG. I know you worked your tail off for it though! :)

Glad you got your dad out with you to spend time together and.........you also got some gold.

Good luck out there next time.

Tom H.