Nugget Shooter Forums

Claim on the Hassayampa

Fergus

New claim, hot area, lots o water, dredge that sings, beautiful trees. Doesn't get any better. I thought my days playing in the water were over when I retired from diving but It sure is soothing.

Just add unicorns and butterflies.

Edited by Fergus

Pics will be here as soon as I get them. Fortunately the only thing missing from the claim is a road (which is what drew me to it) We have alot of jumper troubles up hear, well I guess that's all over. I may need some help getting gear in there also if you desert dwellers could dig yourselves out of the sand. :desertsmile:

I really hope you did your research if you filed a new claim on the Hassayampa. If you have a valid claim you are one lucky guy in my opinion. Most if not all of the upper river is in a withdrawn area. The only valid claims are ones that were established before the withdrawal went into place. I did a lot of research on that area because I wanted a claim up there. The one area I wanted was latter claimed but the BLM declared it invalid within a year.

The master title plats can tell you if you are good or not.

My claim is a few miles below the withdrawn area. I was at the right place at the right time and picked up one that was let go due to the new maintainence fees. (one of those I know a guy things).

Unfortunately alot of people don't know about the withdrawn area and could get a useless claim

Edited by Fergus

Good to hear you got a good claim and it sounds like you know what you are doing. It is sad but a lot of people keep wasting their money getting claims in the withdrawn area or in poor areas. There is one claim down river that has been sold, claimed and resold numerous times. From what I hear the claim has not been productive so the buyer lets the claim laps and then it gets claimed and sold again. Being a few miles south you should be in a good productive area. I love prospecting up there but it has been a few years since I have been back. As families grow the hobbies get put aside but perhaps when they are older I can get them out prospecting. A friend of mine has a claim that we would work and the claim jumpers have always been a big problem and it has gotten worse.

Had a local around here talkin about going on peoples claims, he didn't think it was a big deal, I told him if he wanted to trespass on mine to leave his belt and shoelaces behind to save trouble for the sheriff.