Gold Basin 2013

shep

Gold Basin, here we come! Looks like leaving here the 17th
and staying till the 24th or 25th. Gonna camp up front
just off the fence line (3rd cattle guard), up by the ol tailing
piles. Will be having beer around in the PM if anyone wants to wander in and
join.

Shep

Harry, hope you left a couple of little ones. Snow? tired of cold here! but kind of dreading the heat that's around the corner

Shep

Shep,

I'm in China and then Thailand but I'll be back on the 22nd. I'll be ready by then to swing something if you have left anything for me to find. I wish I could swing on this trip but I'll read about the adventures here for now.

Good luck.

Mitchel

Dwayne, make a left at third cattle guard, you'll follow fence for 'aways', you'll see my TH and flagpole; Tommy has Dodge and camper. We'll be several miles before turnoff for Heliport.

Shep

Shep Dwayne here I am going to get out of here 17th they cancled my appointment Will leave here early so will proably beat you there will set where I think is right and wait. Watch for the boat. Dwayne

I have always wondered why everyone still keeps giving directions in Gold Basin by saying the second cattle guard when there is a perfectly good street sign there. As Frank said it is Gladiolus (the flower) and it just happens to be on the section line for the area that has the adjustments. By that I mean, if you turn left on Gladiolus you will be on the border of two sections. The corners of the plots on the left side of the fence do not match up with the 'corners' of the section on the right. (Someone help me out here and give me the proper terms.) If you look at the range and township measurements overlay on Google Maps you will know what I mean.

Mitchel

Well dern... at least you got out with friends and made some memories. Got some space rocks too! :)

Good luck next time...you know how to get it.

Tom H.

Had a great time Shep, thanks for the gormett meals, hats off toTom fer his culinary skills!! Thanks to Frank fer the pointy finger, there must be symptom by that three foot barrel cactus :o

Havin more fun then should be legal in Lake Havasu area thanks to Patricks expert guiding and rescue skills :). Beautiful evening by the lake.. Be well amigos,

Jeff

No gold found but little trash and two targets turned out to be 50 Cal. Brass from ww2 arial gunnery practice,