Nugget Shooter Forums

How to metal-detect garbage or "Woo Hoo" I found some clad!

So I've sat most the winter watchin my F-75 collect dust, and it was drivin me crazy, so I got on GE and found a small field about 600yds. from my house.

It's part of the property owned by the trailer park where I live, it's walking distance.

post-25539-0-99697800-1364726716_thumb.j

It might look plain enough, but the amount of metallic garbage buried under that grass is UNBELIEVIBLE, after setting my machine to discriminate out as well as notching out everything but dimes and quarters, this is what I found!

post-25539-0-23951000-1364727168_thumb.j

This stuff, I guess could be called the better quality junk.

post-25539-0-11380100-1364727158_thumb.j

These were the only coins I found around those old house foundations.

post-25539-0-60983100-1364727555_thumb.j

Then I went over to my gf's neighborhood on the 29 th. and found this in a park that has a giant hill for sledding, but very little trash.

post-25539-0-76878400-1364727828_thumb.j

And finally, all stuff I found in the desert when I was in AZ to visit some of you fellers back in 2011.

post-25539-0-67292300-1364727947_thumb.j

Yesterday I went back to that park and dug up 15 more quarters, 12 or so more dimes, 2 more nickels, and about 30 or so more pennies, but I haven't got them cleaned up yet so I can take a picture, but i'll git to it soon, but that's it, enjoi!

RH

>>These were the only coins I found around those old house foundations.

Got yourself a nice War Nickle! Cool! They do have silver in them! 35%!

Jim

Edited by Desertsunburn

Frank,

What the date on that War nickel? , post a picture of the other side please.

Let's hope it's a 1943/2 P Those can be worth some bucks!!!

Jim

Frank,

What the date on that War nickel? , post a picture of the other side please.

Hey Skip,

here's the face of that war nickel, it's a "44". And then there's the 2 "merc" dimes I took from a loggin road in northern Mi. in 2011.

I'm gonna spend some time this year tryin to get some permission to detect on some private properties that have or had buildings

built in the 1700's cause this fisher will ID silver, I do know that, but here's them coins.

post-25539-0-00245600-1364752533_thumb.j

Yep now that's mostly trailer park trash fer sure-that disc don't disc too good now does it??John

Hey John,

Ya know, the disc on this machine does work pretty good, cause it didn't squeak once on any iron or foil, and it mistook only

2 pull-tabs as nickels, and 3 bottle caps as quarters, but everything in my garbage is alloyed aluminum, steel, or stainless, & copper and brass.

So far as I can tell it does work, I'm afeared I would have dug a lot more junk had I not used it.

And Ah fellers, this is all the clad from just 2 afternoons, the 29th. and 30th. This park is only about 25 yrs. old and takes up

about 3 city block in the middle of a res. neighborhood. 30 yrs. ago they decided it would cost too much to develop it

into residential compared to makin it a park and leavin the centre of it swampy and wooded, so that's what they did.

But the park's not old at all.

post-25539-0-86245100-1364753912_thumb.j

Thanks for posting the nickel, but unfortunately it's not worth all that much in the condition it's in, maybe 3 or 4 bucks as a collectible coin, at the very least it's worth it's melt value of $1.59 for the silver content.

Your Mercs are worth about $4 to maybe $5 each as collectibles coins, with a melt value of $2.04,

No matter that they aren't key dates, it's great to find older coins!!!

That's a lot of digging Frank! Good job on such a small area!!

Jim

Rock many years ago when I was coin hunting one of the things that got me permission when I wanted to hunt a

very old abandoned house was when I talked to the owner I would agree to mow and clean the area around the house

and usually that got me permission....also a lot of hot work but it really paid off in old coins.....