Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
azdigger

Started it again....Model railroading

I used to do this and I just started it again.

Modeling N scale trains and layouts, I like to make all buildings from scratch.

When I get something done I will add photos.

Aloha Rick,

Looking forward to some pics soon. I remember waaaaaaay back in the 50's when my dad had a complete layout of three sets of trains with bridges, stations and little towns. It took up a lot of his spare time and my mom used to get really mad when we all would spend the whole day after church in the basement playing with them. My dad was also into building everything from scratch. He belonged to some kind of club that had other guys meet once a month and compare notes. sure brings back some fond memories just thinking about it.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

At one time I had 79ft of HO car Track.

What a hoot.

Rick,

Dont forget the mine in the hill.... :Diggin_a_hole:

Dave.

Someplace on YOUTUBE is a guy that had a Working Placer Mine using Remote Controlled Trucks, Back Hoes and the Lot.

He said he could run a Bucket a day . LOL

Just found an old RR set in George's old stuff.... Not sure what kind and will have a better look at it soon.

Model trains was my first additions! :ROFL: I still got mine all pack up in moving boxes, like two skids each stack about 5 feet tall. I once belonged to several clubs back in VT. Had two pilgrimage every year... one to the Amhearst Train Show in West Springfield, Ma and the other to the "National NMRA Convection" which would be held in various cities throughout the states. Again it was a hobby that could get expensive fast. I got engines and cars that ranged from simple $3.00 plastic kits to true to prototype "brass" models of engines and cabooses that ran to several hundred of dollars each. That was 12 years ago, now... even a plastic model engines, which have the details of a brass model of years ago, working lights, sound, and motion that you control via a digital hand held unit in your hand runs in the vicinity of $200.00 now. Various cars type run a average of $25.00 each... but the selection and details of today models is equal to museum pieces. Since I have moved to AZ, I have gotten gold fever, but I still long for the quiet days in the basement playing with my trains :4chsmu1:

I got my layout about 1/4 done, get some pictures soon I hope.

Well the "train Phase " ended....lost interest due to lack of room.

Gonna sell all my train gear and stay will RC planes.

Too bad Azdigger, I really wanted to see the result of what you were working on.

When I was a kid someone gave me a non-working train set with just enough track to make a 4(?) foot circle. Well, I got it working again using a butter knife, pliers and sandpaper and enjoyed myself for many hours watching it travel that small circle and surviving all the disasters I placed on the track in front of it.

Great times never to be had again.

Saginaw

Saginaw ... There is always the upcoming second childhood! :)

:25r30wi: LOL!

You got me there Mike.

Saginaw

--

Hi Rick.

It looked like you were on the way to having a really nice layout.

Good luck with the sale.

Saginaw

--

Hi Chris.

Like your 2 photos. Nice.

I'm no train expert, so I'm wondering, what is that box with a smokestack on front of your models? A light? Dying to know.

Not trying to be funny, but at first I thought it was a Dreidel someone had fixed to it.

Saginaw

Yep those are lights Sag.

Hand built loco's by George Miller. Each is a unique work of art.