Nugget Shooter Forums

$70 worth of lead

The wife & I went to the Dale District yesterday to the Black Jack claim with Monster guppy. I was using my infinium with a 5x10DD coil. Twice I was very excited when I had to dig holes over a foot deep for solid targets. One was under a large rock so my blood was really starting to pump until I pulled to top of an old can off. The other was a difficult dig due to the removal

of small compacted stones. Same thing, another old can...... I found allot of lead bullet pieces, BB's and a few small pieces of metal from old cans. So $70 worth of lead for the cost of the trip.........

Still had a good time, it was a beautiful day out there walking around Gods creation! :-)

Some times you just wonder how those things go out there and got so deep.

Well, you had a good time and made some memories :)

GL to you next time.

Tom H.

I’ve been to several areas north of Barstow, CA and its amazing the amount of 22 cal and 9mm lead I have turn up, and have them turn up deep in some places.

I’ve been to several areas north of Barstow, CA and its amazing the amount of 22 cal and 9mm lead I have turn up, and have them turn up deep in some places.

We dry wash north of Barstow. Have you have any luck detecting? The gold there seems very fine.

I used to have a claim on the trinity outta douglas city covered in lead. I had to shut down the dredge hourly to remove all the illegal snagger rigs,lead weights utilized in salmon and steelhead fishing. Gave them away,2 X 60 acres because gold couldn't settle out as nuttn' but a stinkn' bottom carpeted in lead--NOT HEALTHY-John